Comments Thread For: Black Hitler - Boxing And The Anti-PBC Effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    HBO has been going downhill lately too
    It's been more than just lately...it's been going down for a while.

But I don't think people have been nearly silent about it, or only start writing about it nearly as recently, as the writer suggests.

Comment

• Good Piece

Great impartial analysis of the political landscape in boxing, despite certain errors made (i.e. Ward "winning" against Kovalev by SD)

Comment

• Tremendous article, Jake Donovan. I wasn't aware until now that Thomas Hauser was brought on as a consultant by HBO.

Very interesting indeed.

A good follow up would be to further investigate the ties between some in the boxing media and certain promoters.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
          Haymon would rather let Quillin lose his belt for his mandatory shot than send him over to HBO. Give me your best take on that one.

Didn't say anything about objecting to access to free boxing. I was responding to your crap about HBO only wanting cab drivers from Haymon. Haymon can't even make his top fighters fight each other, let alone send them over to HBO. Lara, Andrade, Williams, Jermell, Jermall. Only one fight in years.
          http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/9/4/...t-matt-korobov

Quillin is instead targeting a much-discussed fight with Daniel Jacobs who is also advised by Al Haymon
          HBO banned him, so Haymon decided to have his fighters fight each other on another network rather than help HBO ratings. Why is this a big deal to you?

So, they all are scheduled for fights this year, fights which you post you do not watch. Are you even a boxing fan?

Comment

• Completely agree

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
            This article seems very valid. However, I think the reason why PBC is getting more complaints from fans is because there was a ton of money available and the fights that resulted didn't match what could have been available at all. Where's Gary Russell Jr., Stevenson, most of 154 division, most of 147 division, Broner, etc. For the first 2 years, their fights have been bad mismatches. Compared to HBO, PBC/Showtime has clearly brought a better product, but it was significantly less than it could have been considering the funding available. That's my only ax to grind. Now, I think they are going to fight more often with better opposition, but we will see... With that being said, I think many have taken note to how bad HBO has been. More people subscribe to HBO than Showtime, which is why it's number are better. People don't like change and probably won't switch or buy both (even though I acknowledge that mant buy both). With continued success of putting high-quality shows on cable/Showtime, fans will vome around on their own smear campaign or not...
            Instead of paying so many fighters 1m/per fight, they could've paid like 750k and we would've had a higher volume of quality fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/9/4/...t-matt-korobov

HBO banned him, so Haymon decided to have his fighters fight each other on another network rather than help HBO ratings. Why is this a big deal to you?

So, they all are scheduled for fights this year, fights which you post you do not watch. Are you even a boxing fan?
              Keep on lying. Qullin and Haymon banned themselves on that fight.

Comment

• You know the good thing about boxing?

99% of the time the best man wins.

You don't win fights trading racial slurs, the trash talk stops when the bell rings.

Some of the triggered Hilary fans need to find a safe space.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  Keep on lying. Qullin and Haymon banned themselves on that fight.
                  We all know HBO banned hi. Why you refuse to admit it is crazy.

I provided you an answer. We get it, you are anti-Haymon and pro HBO. Fine. Most of the rest of us are boxing fans and are happy more boxing is on TV. You epitomize what Jake was talking about in this article.

Why does it bother you so much that Haymon might succeed? Why are you not watching boxing when it comes on TV?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I provided you an answer. We get it, you are anti-Haymon and pro HBO. Fine. Most of the rest of us are boxing fans and are happy more boxing is on TV. You epitomize what Jake was talking about in this article.

Why does it bother you so much that Haymon might succeed? Why are you not watching boxing when it comes on TV?
                    What answer? Give me a link where it says HBO banned the title fight between Quillin vs Korobov.

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
                      The important point is that we now have definitive proof, in writing, that Golden Boy and Ring Magazine were conspiring to create and spread anti-Haymon propaganda and strategizing on how to get that propaganda published here on boxingscene.
                      nothing in those emails indicated that they intended to actually FABRICATE opposition material, just that they would leak test results if they could get them, and that they wanted to find media members that were sympathetic to their position on Haymons practices, especially as it pertained to California, and whether or not he was running afoul of the rules and regulations there. (not an uncommon position)

But if your point is that Oscar might have a grudge against the guy that tried to steal his company, then great. What a shock. Who would think that someone might have a grudge against the man that corrupted his CEO, tried to buy him out, and when that failed tried to destroy his company. I cant imagine anyone carrying a grudge over something so minor.....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X