Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Chavez: Positive Talks Ongoing With MGM, Jerry Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Chavez: Positive Talks Ongoing With MGM, Jerry Jones

On May 6th a showdown between Mexican stars, Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., will take place on HBO Pay-Per-View. The two fighters will collide at a catch-weight of 164.5-pounds. But for now which venue will host the fight is still unknown. But it's clear that Las Vegas and Texas would be prime locations to host this event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't know what the PPV numbers will like, but attendance will probably exceed 55,000 if they have it in Texas. Jr. has 4 months to train and get in top shape. We will know soon enough if he is serious about this fight. If he is, it could be a tough fight for Canelo, if not, then it is easy money for the red head. If Jr. screws this chance up, next stop is the undercard on ESPN2.

Comment

Vegas should be for elite fights. This fight isn't elite. Put this in Arlington Texas.

Pack in over 80K hardcore fans. And if Canelo wins fight GGG in Vegas for the bigger fight.

Comment

It'll be a sell out wherever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
          Vegas should be for elite fights. This fight isn't elite. Put this in Arlington Texas.

Pack in over 80K hardcore fans. And if Canelo wins fight GGG in Vegas for the bigger fight.
          Golovkin and Team didn't agree with 15mil. As time progresses the circumstances change. Also, you said if Canelo wins, but how he wins will dictate if Mexican fans and media will hype a rematch thus prolonging anything associated with GGG. GGG needs Alvarez but Alvarez doesn't need him or at least if K2 acknowledges they're B side.

If the May 6th bout does insanely well with numbers and style, Sept. would most likely insue a rematch.

Comment

Any fight that can draw 80,000 fans like it or not is elite when most struggle to sell 15,000 tickets. What would you call elite a million tickets wow how clueless. Chavez is not a elite fighter due to his lack of training but his name and draw and seats sold ppv sales make it a elite event

Comment

C'mon Jerry get this done. I work in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and my boy who has season tix to the Cowboys already has promised if the fight goes there he will let me purchase his club level seats at cost (about $125 each) with no mark up. Hopefully I'll be in the house for this one if it doesn't go to Vegas.

Comment

The Mexicans and Latins are biggest die hard fans so two Mexicans one a star one the son of their favorite icon makes this event special to them they could sell 150,000 tickets in a stadium that could hold it

Comment

I love VEgas but this fight needs to be in Jerryworld. Which would do at LEAST 80K-100K live attendance...And would be one HELL of a PARTY on Cinco De Mayo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                    Don't know what the PPV numbers will like, but attendance will probably exceed 55,000 if they have it in Texas. Jr. has 4 months to train and get in top shape. We will know soon enough if he is serious about this fight. If he is, it could be a tough fight for Canelo, if not, then it is easy money for the red head. If Jr. screws this chance up, next stop is the undercard on ESPN2.
                    This is a CAREER defining moment for Chavez Jr. He has PLENTY of time almost 4 MONTHS to get ready. If Chavez Jr. comes in prepared and ready it's going to be a LONG night for Canelo. I just don't see Canelo KO'ing the much bigger 6'1" to Canelo's 5'' 7 1/2". Chavez Jr. is HUGE compared to Canelo. This is a lose/lose fight IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X