Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia, Mayweather Tarnished What Should've Been Good Week for Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevem View Post
    i've got no problem people calling out bad judging - this just wasn't the fight to do it. On the bute fight would have made more sense.
    are you joking??? Even british fans and sky sports journalist had badou jack winning... Its funny how americans have the american based fighter losing but so many brits have the american winning.... Something is fishy and we all know what it is....

Comment

so mayweather calling out judges who just robbed his fighter for the second time in a row is a bad thing? funny how they spin that and add in angel crazy ass to milk it

Comment

I'm sorry, but I think the writer of this article has his head up his arse.

Equating someone using racial and ****phobic slurs to a common complaint as old as boxing is the worse kind of journalism and a shining example of exactly what what is meant by "privilege".

Only someone who is is acutely unaware of (or untouched by) racism could even begin to posit that the denigration of one human being by another is somehow equivalent and as impactful as still another gripe about a questionable boxing decision.

If you are looking for answers to some of boxing's problems, one of them is discouraging "journalism" like this.

Comment

Didnt ledermans daughter have a shiiitty scorecard not too long ago?

& floyd is right judges do get paid. Keep it real this sport is corrupt

Comment

Mayweather making accusations without proof has got him in trouble before.
            Floyd had to pay Paquiao and apologize after his drug claims about Manny.
            FM does make a good point about judges being too old. Case in point was the judge who scored his fight with Pacquiao 10-2. Dave Moretti was over 70. LOL

Comment

Mayweather did what any promotor would do for his fighter. He advocates for him in a fight where he believed his fighter won. Bad decisions are bad for boxing and they happen too often. Angel Garcia on the other hand is just a Savage and nothing he says should surprise anyone at this point. Either way, he brought more eyes to his sons upcoming fight so it may not be bad for boxing when those CBS ratings come in.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                I thought the box statistics were wrong. I know DeGale was hitting gloves etc but I saw him hitting Jack's face a lot. Does anybody ever check these or are they written in stone?
                I'm not sure Mayweather would have been able to score any better than the judges.
                You can't confuse getting beat up with scoring the fight. DeGale looked beat up but he did after the Medina fight too. I reckon he just bruises more than other fighters. Now that said, you can;t argue that Jack had the heavier punches but they were not as effective as you might think ... otherwise DeGale would not still be moving and scoring.
                It's true that bad judging ruins fights but as Keith said, this was not one of those fights. Mayweather should have said what he said after the Bute fight, not after this fight.
                Agree ... Scoring Round per round I had Degale up by 2 points going into the 12th . Jack's KD salvaged him the Draw IMO .

Comment

Originally posted by CAMPER View Post
                  I disagree. Mayweather's comment are good for the sport because he is still the face of boxing and he's bringing to light an issue that has tainted boxing for decades. It'll never get remedied if nobody ever speaks up. I say bravo to Mayweather. Now we need more figureheads of the sport to speak up. A closed mouth doesn't get fed.
                  Yes but Mayweather himself was the beneficiary of a gift himself when he fought Castillo the first time. You must first consider the source. I agree with your overall point however.

Comment

I don't get how someone spewing racist garbage is the same as a promoter complaining about judging. Especially if there is some justification to the outcome of the fight.

I guess the writer figured he would get more reads if he added Mayweather's name to the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                      Agree ... Scoring Round per round I had Degale up by 2 points going into the 12th . Jack's KD salvaged him the Draw IMO .

Comment

Working...
                      X