Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Best Fighter to Come Out of the Eastern Bloc Yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Best Fighter to Come Out of the Eastern Bloc Yet?

Out of the many, who has accomplished the most in your opinion?

Kostya Tszyu has to rank highly, given all of his success at 140.

Vitali Klischko reigned for a good while at heavyweight.

Wladimir Klitschko obviously has done the most as heavyweight.

GGG has ran through every opponent and has three belts at 160 with big fights looming.

Sergey Kovalev- former holder of three titles, with wins over Hopkins, Cleverly, Pascal(2), Chilemba and Ward(according to many).

Vasyl Lomachenko- 2 Olympic gold medals, 396-1 amateur record, 2-division champion with wins over GRJ, Roman Martinez and Nicolas Walters.
    Kostya Tszyu
    9.68%
    Vitali Klitschko
    16.13%
    Wladimir Klitschko
    16.13%
    Sergey Kovalev
    1.61%
    GGG
    17.74%
    Vasyl Lomachenko
    38.71%

As of right now Lomachenko.

Beterbiev's going to make huge statements this year though. Starting with Sullivan Barrera.

Comment

All time I'd have to say Roy Jones Jr. He's a Russian ATG.

Comment

Right now it would be Lomachenko, Golovkin than Usyk, in that order.

I think Kov is a bit overrated. Honorable mentions to Gvzodzyk and Beterbiev, who I rate equally.

Gassiev might be a problem at cruiserweight. Not very skilled but a monster.

That's pretty much it.

Comment

I voted Lomachenko but simply because of his potential. I think even the haters have to stfu after he completely dominated Walters and acknowledge him.

Comment

Vitali for me. An absolute monster of a heavyweight. Would hold his own in any time period. Wlad's a great too obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Vitali for me. An absolute monster of a heavyweight. Would hold his own in any time period. Wlad's a great too obviously.
              Vitali was unreal. I always liked watching him fight. He was like a giant tiger with a mouse. Came to fight every time out.

Comment

Loma's the most flexible and loose fighter. It's entertaining watching his defense and combos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  that chin was out of this world

Comment

For me it was a hard choice between GGG and Loma. They are both amazing fighters. I went with Loma because he turned pro at a much younger age and he is accomplishing so much so quickly. They both have a good defense but Loma has the best defense in the sport including Ward. According to the computers he gets hits less and lands more than any other boxer.I believe this is true from what I have seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X