No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Promotions, ESPN Announce Multi-Year TV Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Golden Boy already knows how to handle the promotions and small budgets. Look at the success on FS1 or the LA Fight Club series they have. It will basically be what they doing with their R!ng TV live but getting paid more and having more exposure. They do what PBC should of done which is keep the cost down promote the hell out their events (LA Fight Club is always packed). PBC is spending at least 10X the amount of money on their FS1 series while producing the exact same ratings Golden Boy got.
    I get the fiscal point your making, but I've tried watching those "prospects". Some of those events are just plain bad to watch. This is the area where the UFC is kicking ass. Their prospect fight cards are usually pretty darn good.

I don't make money from GoldenBoy or PBC. I just want to watch good boxing lol

Comment

Not true. FNF went away because PBC came with the brinks truck and paid them a ton and were supposed to give them tons of boxing content per year. Then PBC ran out of money and ESPN is going dark with no boxing content 9 of the 12 months last year. FNF wasn't a bad investment they were pulling better ratings then PBC on FS1 operating on like a 20-40K show budget.
      Aren't ratings for that series averaging between 150k-170k?

Comment

Boxing on the same channel at the same time weekly will be nice to have back.

How did Haymon ever think it was a good idea to put PBC on a different channel at different times, on different days? Nobody has a clue when PBC events are on. Most of my friends still don't even know what PBC is.

That had to be one if the worst business decisions in human history.

Comment

While I don't have a problem with PBC and this really I wish ESPN would have just kept Friday Night fights as an independant offerring to balance everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I get the fiscal point your making, but I've tried watching those "prospects". Some of those events are just plain bad to watch. This is the area where the UFC is kicking ass. Their prospect fight cards are usually pretty darn good.

I don't make money from GoldenBoy or PBC. I just want to watch good boxing lol
            I hear you it's not for everyone. If you don't like watching prospects then you probably didn't like FNF and won't like this either. LOL

I like watching prospects and seeing them grow and when the ones that make it big bust through it makes it more satisfying for me to have seen their journey.

Comment

I CAN DIG IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                Aren't ratings for that series averaging between 150k-170k?
                Yeah around there. I know PBC had one card that drew like 40K viewers at it's worse. GB drew sold under 200k ratings on a shoestring budget for FS1. FS1 moved on not because they weren't satisfied but because PBC came offering them a fortune for the time buys. Same with ESPN.

Comment

I hear you it's not for everyone. If you don't like watching prospects then you probably didn't like FNF and won't like this either. LOL

I like watching prospects and seeing them grow and when the ones that make it big bust through it makes it more satisfying for me to have seen their journey.
                  I like watching good prospects grow and compete. There was something special about watching Floyd, Oscar, Zab, Shane, etc. come up.

We have some damn good kids coming up the pipeline now and I want to see them too lol But those cards were generally not putting on that quality. Although I did catch Diego once.

Comment

Great move by Golden Boy Promotions. Look Estrella TV helped Golden Boy Promotions with getting some form of exposure for there prospects. Problem with that they mainly showcased their bilingual prospects compared to those who didn't speak any form of Spanish.

Now with this move guys like Lamont Roach Jr., Ellis, Demetrius Ballard, Jason Quigley....etc.....can now be shown to a national audience. As well as there bilingual prospects.

Smart move by Oscar de la hoya, Bernard Hopkins, and Golden Boy Promotions.

I still hope they still use Ring TV Live for there non televised bouts. Any now if they will continue with this platform?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterinMI View Post
                      While I don't have a problem with PBC and this really I wish ESPN would have just kept Friday Night fights as an independant offerring to balance everything out.
                      This "independent" point is the real key. If Arum, Oscar, Haymon, Hearn, and Warren all came to the table and made a "UFC", we all would be better off and get the best offering of boxing on a global scale.

These factions just ruin everything

Comment

Working...
                      X