No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Promotions, ESPN Announce Multi-Year TV Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    The more boxing the better in my book. What's with fans of companies? It's a really disturbing trend.
    Dude, seriously, I've been reading this thread like.

I'm like just enjoy free boxing and STFU

Comment

• It will be nothing but a bunch of setups!!! Here is the schedule each week:
      18-0 vs 12-7
      22-0 vs 19-12
      15-0 vs 10-4-2
      Multiply this times all the fight cards of the year. NO ***ING THANK YOU!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        This is a no brainer for both golden boy and espn. Golden boy already has everything in place the venues, announcers, production crew, established monthly shows that they already running, ticket sales. It's turn key day 1. This will be golden boy live fights on FS1 but with bigger exposure being on espn2. And espn2 already has built in boxing viewers from FNF days. You aren't working with a new amateur company like Pbc or small time promoters who aren't invested in the fighters. Don't have to worry about venues or having to give away free tickets or build a buzz. Golden boy sells out LA fight club series every show already. They have English announcers and Spanish announcers. Just instead of it being aired on r!ng tv live and Estrella or fox sports/fox deportes its aired by espn.
        Yep, it wasn't just that the PBC was new, but they weren't even the actual "promoter" of their events and they had no real public face.

GBP doesn't have that problem...they don't have to leave the promotional aspects to smaller promoters Tom Brown Promotions or Warriors or even Crazy Lou Dibella.

And DLH is the public face of the company.

Comment

• Im generally not a fan of time buys (no matter who is doing the buying) because it usually means there is little or no network oversight and the promoter can put on whatever garbage they want to.

Hopefully GBP bucks tradition and actually puts out some decent cards, but history tells us this is unlikely. We'll see.........

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            It will be nothing but a bunch of setups!!! Here is the schedule each week:
            18-0 vs 12-7
            22-0 vs 19-12
            15-0 vs 10-4-2
            Multiply this times all the fight cards of the year. NO ***ING THANK YOU!!!!!
            Yeah I think you're right,,, I hope you aren't

I do think they will have the occasional shobox caliber fight

Comment

• What Oscar is doing is no different than what ESPN did for Friday Night Fights. Oscar is going to take what the sponsors offer him and pay the fighters based on it after he deducts the expenses. These up-and-coming fighters will still be fighting for $5,000 to $10,000 per fight.

Comment

• more televised fights. there are no down sides.

even when its pro vs no hoper, its a good thing. its not as if thats not going down anyway. we get to see who the bums are and discuss who the next hype jobs are.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I just don't get that dude. ESPN and GBP announce a deal and 1st post in the thread has 8 mentions of Haymon and PBC.
                  The PBC paid for network exclusivity to keep promoters from getting on networks like ESPN, so I don't see the point in complaining when somebody brings them up now that promoter has a new TV deal with a "PBC network".

Comment

• This is the nail in the coffin for GB's lawsuit against Haymon.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      That was my thought and everyone on NSB knows I hate Fishnets dela Coka.

I like being able to watch boxing on Thurs and Friday and see guys I otherwise might miss.

Crazy huh?
                      You hate Oscar cause your a piece of **** loser who's never accomplished anything in life and you can't stand to see another man succeed. That makes you a hater and a punk! No go suck a **** you lame!

Comment

Working...
                      X