Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If The Knockdown Against Judah Was Counted, Would Floyd Still Be Undefeated Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    Loss by DQ - Corner man entered the ring

Loss by PED's (Illegal IV) against Pacquiao

Loss against Castillo

Loss against Maidana 1st fight

That's 4 losses.
    I agree with the last two points.?

Comment

WBC rules wouldn't matter for that fight since the IBF title was on the line. Baldomir had the WBC title at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        the one that the WBC wrote...you should learn the sport that you're pretending to follow
        what does the WBC have to do with Mayweather-Judah?

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          WBC rules wouldn't matter for that fight since the IBF title was on the line. Baldomir had the WBC title at the time.
          Haha bursting his fantasy world of boxing bubble

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Obviously impossible to know for sure, but what happens if the referee had counted the knockdown which Judah got against Floyd. Is it the same result or would the fight have played out differently from that point onward with Floyd perhaps losing heart due to touching the canvas? Would they rematch immediately, which would have consequently spiralled Floyd's career in a different direction, with different opponents? Would Floyd have still avoided Khan 4 times or would he have bitten the bullet and faced his biggest threat, stylistically speaking?

Every action has a reaction, so what happens in Floyd's career if that single knockdown was counted, would the chain reaction have culminated in a different overall outcome for his career?
            Floyd won the Judah fight 8-4, 9-3, 11-1...

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
              what does the WBC have to do with Mayweather-Judah?
              Wasn't that fight for Judah's IBF belt?

Comment

The knock down would give Judah one extra point. Mayweather won by much more than 1 point on all three judge's scorecards so it wouldn't have changed anything enough to matter. Mayweather was vastly better than Judah so the better man easily won.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  Yeah you're done looking ****** huh Floyd haters get all defensive when they are exposed. You're dumbass even forgot Judah's pops the one who threw the blows 😂 Idiot.
                  i'm not even saying he should have been disqualified. just informing you that there's a rule about cornermen entering the ring. like any other illegality in boxing, it's at the referee's discretion.

you obviously don't know the rules of boxing because you didn't even know about the 10-point must system in that thread the other day.

here's one from the association of boxing commissions.

"Ring Occupants

No person other than the contestants and the referee shall enter the ring during a bout. For non-title fights there may be no more than three seconds. Between rounds, one second may be inside the ring and the other (2) on the ring apron. For a championship fight there may be four seconds. Between rounds, one second may be inside the ring and two (2) of the seconds on the ring apron, with the fourth second remaining off the apron on the floor.

The physician may enter the ring if asked by the referee, the supervising commission or the inspectors to examine an injury to a contestant.

No contestant shall leave the ring during any one-minute rest period between rounds.

The referee may, in his/her discretion, stop a contest or exhibition if an unauthorized person enters the ring during a round."

i don't see anything about cornermen being allowed to enter the ring during a timeout.

it's clearly a rule, just like the 10-point must system...mr 9-8 in a round with zero point deductions for illegal tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                    i'm not even saying he should have been disqualified. just informing you that there's a rule about cornermen entering the ring. like any other illegality in boxing, it's at the referee's discretion.

you obviously don't know the rules of boxing because you didn't even know about the 10-point must system in that thread the other day.

here's one from the association of boxing commissions.

"Ring Occupants

No person other than the contestants and the referee shall enter the ring during a bout.For non-title fights there may be no more than three seconds. Between rounds, one second may be inside the ring and the other (2) on the ring apron. For a championship fight there may be four seconds. Between rounds, one second may be inside the ring and two (2) of the seconds on the ring apron, with the fourth second remaining off the apron on the floor.

The physician may enter the ring if asked by the referee, the supervising commission or the inspectors to examine an injury to a contestant.

No contestant shall leave the ring during any one-minute rest period between rounds.

The referee may, in his/her discretion, stop a contest or exhibition if an unauthorized person enters the ring during a round."

i don't see anything about cornermen being allowed to enter the ring during a timeout.

it's clearly a rule, just like the 10-point must system...mr 9-8 in a round with zero point deductions for illegal tactics.
                    Do you got me confused or something?? Where do you get a 9 8 round from? Wtf lol you stay reaching making stuff up.

Btw I highlighted your contradictions , if you don't believe Floyd should of been dq'd what's your argument moron you still want more Ls?
                    Last edited by A.K; 01-18-2017, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Do you got me confused or something?? Where do you get a 9 8 round from? Wtf lol you stay reaching making stuff up.

Btw I highlighted your contradictions , if you don't believe Floyd should of been dq'd what's your argument moron you still want more Ls?
                      the argument is that you have zero clue on the rules of boxing. if you think a cornerman can just enter the ring whenever they want, you're wrong. simple as that.

and lol @ highlighting my contradictions. i mention that highlighted part near the beginning of my post.

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
                      Then what happens if Fighter A scores a flash knockdown and Fighter B dominates the rest of the round?
                      You mean a 9-8 round?..

Comment

Working...
                      X