Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All us Boxing fans agree Mayweather vs McGregor is pure crap, right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    most those guys floyd fought already had ppv buys of 1 million buys or more. conor fought aldo who had 200k buys, diaz with 0 ppvs, and alvarez with 0 ppvs. conor did about 1.5 million buys on average. look at the guys floyd fought with no ppv experience. his average was around 500k. floyd needs a ppv star to get big numbers. conor doesn't. you can't really dispute that. i'm sorry floyd wasn't as popular as you wanted but its not my fault.
    I'm looking at Hatton, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto, Maidana, Mosley, Canelo etc etc.. Outside of Manny & DLH.. I'm having a hard time finding 1 mil buys.. But you must know something we don't.

Could you please list them?. Cotto vs Martinez. Maybe I missed a # on that ppv buyrate. Ah wait, Maybe him vs Kirkland will surpass 1 mil since he's an established dance partner.

I mean, you brought up this discussion about PPV and dance partners.. I'm just asking for #s, but it's not my fault

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      It would make huge money, which is Floyd's chosen nickname and brand. It's also the reason so many people here are in favor of the upcoming fight between Canelo and Chavez. Money. Not the boxing so much (Chavez is washed up, undisciplined and ultimately will be drained to death anyway), but the money.

The money would be stratospheric for a Floyd/McGregor boxing match. Who wouldn't want to see:

a) Floyd continually outslick the ****y Irishman, or
      b) the Irishman land a few lucky punches

I don't rate this below Canelo/Chavez, a big money event that lacks true boxing value.
      from a competitive and sporting point its absolute garbage! who cares how much money it makes? you aren't the promoter why do you want to see the fans get fleeced for this farce? . if fraud wants to come back for number 50 fight an actual threat.

Comment

and conor did more against guys that weren't ppv stars so whats your point? yes we know floyd fought guys that were ppv stars. no one disputes that. that doesn't make him more popular than conor on his own thoguh. numbers show that.
        Maidana, Ortiz and Guerrero are ppv stars??

Comment

most those guys floyd fought already had ppv buys of 1 million buys or more. conor fought aldo who had 200k buys, diaz with 0 ppvs, and alvarez with 0 ppvs. conor did about 1.5 million buys on average. look at the guys floyd fought with no ppv experience. his average was around 500k. floyd needs a ppv star to get big numbers. conor doesn't. you can't really dispute that. i'm sorry floyd wasn't as popular as you wanted but its not my fault.
          Like who? Outside of Oscar and Manny who are you talking about?? Hatton, Guerrero, Ortiz,Canelo,Mosley..none of them has a million ppv's or were huge draws...

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            I'm looking at Hatton, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto, Maidana, Mosley, Canelo etc etc.. Outside of Manny & DLH.. I'm having a hard time finding 1 mil buys.. But you must know something we don't.

Could you please list them?. Cotto vs Martinez. Maybe I missed a # on that ppv buyrate. Ah wait, Maybe him vs Kirkland will surpass 1 mil since he's an established dance partner.

I mean, you brought up this discussion about PPV and dance partners.. I'm just asking for #s, but it's not my fault
            He cant list them because they dont exist

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post

hatton, guerrero, maidana, berto didnt evn hit a million buys. thats why i listed them under the not ppv stars category for floyd. we were comparing how floyd and conor did against guys who werent stars. conor did better.

the guys that were stars were: cotto had a million buys vs pac, mosley a million against hoya, hoya obv a lot of successfull ppvs, pac obv a lot of successful ppvs. all these were ppv successes for floyd hmmm i wonder why?

now lets look at conors opponents: aldo had a 200k ppv and yet did over a million buys, diaz 0 ppvs and 1.5 millino and 1.6 milion buys, alvarez 0 ppvs and did 1.6 million. all these were ppv successes for conor and yet none were ppv stars like floyd's opponents which proves conor can sell more on his own then floyd.

Comment

yeah probably but he was lineal champ in 2 divisions. thats much harder than boxing since there are half the divisions and twice the competition in each division. its not like hes paulie malignaggi or broner just beating fringe contenders and pretending to be champ
                His only a champion in 2 weight divisions because they let him. No other fighter has been allowed to before. Which is part of their marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  Like who? Outside of Oscar and Manny who are you talking about?? Hatton, Guerrero, Ortiz,Canelo,Mosley..none of them has a million ppv's or were huge draws...
                  Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  Maidana, Ortiz and Guerrero are ppv stars??
                  see my above post. we are comparing how each guy does against guys who aren't popular ppv stars. conor does much better. its easy to generate buys when you have another star with you. just look at canelo's buys against floyd and cotto then against liam smith. canelo's popularity on his own is about 300-400k. when you add in another ppv star it goes up. conor doesn't fight other ppv stars and yet still does 1.5 million. understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Trs45 View Post
                    His only a champion in 2 weight divisions because they let him. No other fighter has been allowed to before. Which is part of their marketing.
                    im not talking about at the same time. that was bulls-hit. im talking being lineal champ in 2 divisions ever. only 3 people in ufc history have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                      from a competitive and sporting point its absolute garbage! who cares how much money it makes? you aren't the promoter why do you want to see the fans get fleeced for this farce? . if fraud wants to come back for number 50 fight an actual threat.
                      Look at it this way: The Floyd/McGregor fight might be educational for people who don't understand the merit of boxing skills.

As for fans getting fleeced for farces, we're seeing plenty of that in boxing already.

Remember when Ronda Rousey thought she could box? This would be like that, only way more so!

Comment

Working...
                      X