Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Boxing Fans Get Offended When Fans Get Excited About Young Fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Boxing Fans Get Offended When Fans Get Excited About Young Fighters?

Every time a young fighter steps up and delivers a solid performance, people turn it into a negative. Several examples (i name names unlike others)

Gervonta Davis, a 22 year old delivers in his first step up fight. Instead of giving Davis credit for winning his first title, several people feel the need to bring up Lomachenko:

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Jose was a paper champ and the weak link belt holder. Was a low top 10 ranked fighter at best at that weight. Loma is considered the true champ at his weight. When you say there is no point for both that's pure BS. fight makes sense for Loma who would take the fight in a second and add Davis scalp to his resume. Davis not fighting him now is only in his best interest. I got no problem with him not fighting Loma because I haven't seen anyone who thinking he will win that fight. As long as he fights guys comparable or better then Jose fans will be OK with it. But if he starts protecting that paper belt and fighting bums ducking top contenders and other more relevant title holders it will be a problem. But ducking Loma for a few years and praying for him to move up so he never faces him is a no brainer.

Errol Spence has impressed in his young professional career. Many fans want to see him step up and face the top fighters like Kell Brook and Keith Thurman. Instead of embracing these enticing matchups. We have people saying stuff like this:

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    Spence has not fought anyone with decent pop and skills who can fight back. So can we stop saying that world class fighters like kell brook are ducking him.
    And for the record im not saying spence wont be any good, im saying the hype is getting ridiculous for what hes done so far in his career, its almost like hes guaranteed to be the next huge superstar when he is literally not proven in the slightest so far.
    Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    This kid looked OK.

Facing a guy he was 100/1 to win, who's only fight against a decent level opponent was Keith Thurman. Let's calm down a bit.

Keith Thurman dropped him in the first round and decided to get some experience. Big fuking deal.

Brook would have wiped his arse with Bundu in 2 rounds ffs And some of you idiots are claiming Brook moved up to avoid Spence.

I mean, I don't know where to start. If there's anything in you that believes Brook is moving to MW to avoid this kid, you should have your ******ed brain scanned immediately.

That's just two examples but I can list a few more. Is losing to a Lomachenko or a Brook really a terrible loss that would make these fighters hype jobs? Why do boxing fans always feel that it is necessary to turn positives into negatives?
    They Feel That These Young Fighters Threaten Their Favorites
    50.00%
    They Hate Al Haymon and Want All of His Fighters to Fail
    15.38%
    They Want Any Person, Fighting Style or Action that Reminds Them of Floyd to Fail
    15.38%
    All Fighters Are Hypejobs Until They Become Pound for Pound ATG Superstars
    19.23%

I think with these 2 fighters specifically it is because they are promoted by Floyd and managed by Haymon. Any success they have is seen as success for Floyd and Haymon, 2 people they want to see lose at anything.

Added to this, they have seen GGG, Loma and others they like criticized so they feel the need to "even things up" by doing same.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I think with these 2 fighters specifically it is because they are promoted by Floyd and managed by Haymon. Any success they have is seen as success for Floyd and Haymon, 2 people they want to see lose at anything.

Added to this, they have seen GGG, Loma and others they like criticized so they feel the need to "even things up" by doing same.
      But why @ the bolded?

Consequences!

Comment

Because every boxing fan thinks everyone else apart from them is operating on double standards. Everyone is a hypocrite apart from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Herrera View Post
          But why @ the bolded?

Consequences!
          Probably just petty jealousy. Haymon took on HBO and is could potentially succeed in "taking over" as some posters put it., despite the initial problems. Floyd likely defeated their favorite fighter at some point.

Comment

Let's not act as if it doesn't go both ways

The same people boosting Davis were ****ting on Loma until recently, and he's like the most difficult boxer to hate ever

Comment

You have morons using threads like "Trinidad vs Spence" When Spence is absolutely unproven. And with replies "I don't know, it's a close fight" Even though spence has done nothing. If Algerie keeps on hitting Spence with the left hook, what do you think would happen if Thurman hits spence with a left hook?

You have spence weghing up to 160 pounds fight night. He is an unproven weight bully.

Comment

Get em PBP!! Preach!!

Comment

And also. The fans are clamoring for "Lomachenko vs Davis" And you guys are saying "NO! TOO YOUNG!" Then doesn't complain that Canelo was only 22 when he fought floyd. Then doesn't complain that Loma with only 1 win in his career has to fight a veteran in Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    And also. The fans are clamoring for "Lomachenko vs Davis" And you guys are saying "NO! TOO YOUNG!" Then doesn't complain that Canelo was only 22 when he fought floyd. Then doesn't complain that Loma with only 1 win in his career has to fight a veteran in Salido.
                    Canelo at 22 was a better fighter and a bigger box office sell at 22 than Gervonta Davis. Isn't that common sense?

Comment

Working...
                    X