Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Keeps Winning, Keeps Calling For Canelo, Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Why doesn't he go after them? Seems like those are the guys he should be after since they are in the same division.

I think if he's serious about fighting Golovkin and Canelo again, he should move up to 160 since that is where they both fight (seems very unlikely Canelo will return to 154 after his fight against Chavez at 165). Beating guys like Yuri Foreman, Jan Zaveck and Delvin Rodriguez isn't really making any splashes in the sport and isn't drawing any attention. He should go after Andrade and the Charlos, which would say a lot of he could actually beat them.

But if he doesn't care about fighting the best at 154 and is only looking for paydays at middleweight, then go to middleweight. Golovkin isn't going to fight him just for shits & giggles and Canelo is being protected by Golden Boy since he is their only source of income, which we've seen very clearly in making the Khan fight followed by Chavez jr - low risk, high reward fights, so don't expect him to fight anyone who poses a risk unless it's for massive amounts of cash.

Personally I think his manager is shIt. DeCubas jr hasn't done jack **** for him since fighting Canelo. 5 very mediocre opponents in a row. Any buzz he had against Canelo from the people who thought he won has completely been drained.

I think he has a better chance at fighting Golovkin than he does Canelo though. But Canelo has Jacobs next and undoubtedly wants Canelo after. There are a couple of other fights he could take if Canelo doesn't happen and maybe Lara could fit in there but Lara is probably going to need to beat someone good to get a shot at the three middleweight belts Golovkin holds.

lara and the charlos are both trained by ronnie shields. i'm sure they'd fight if they money was good enouhg, but i doubt they'll bite.

i think you're mixing up poor management for management that isn't good for fans. lara is getting paid a ton of money without requiring a lot of marketing from decubas or even showtime. he makes apercentage of lara's purse. he's getting him easy fights for a ton of money, and us9ng the name of a guy they likely won't fght to promotote those fights and keep his guy relevant.

decubas is doing well with lara's career. it's not good for fans, but believe me dude hthese guys don't care about you. they are trying to make a lot of money, and if you do it right you can make hundreds of thousands, if not more than a million, handling a fighter the way he has. then, when it is time, you try and cash out.

Comment

Lara should go after Heiland for the WBC #1 spot or N'Dam for the WBA interim belt. Too bad the PBC hedge fund is drying up, he could've convinced uncle Al to buy him a shot vs BJS.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Lara should go after Heiland for the WBC #1 spot or N'Dam for the WBA interim belt. Too bad the PBC hedge fund is drying up, he could've convinced uncle Al to buy him a shot vs BJS.
        N'dam could very well beat Lara with his speed. He's a dangerous fight. He should fight someone easier, like Rubio.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          N'dam could very well beat Lara with his speed. He's a dangerous fight. He should fight someone easier, like Rubio.
          Yeah I'd favor N'Dam too, it's just an easy fight to make being they're both WBA title holders.

Heiland would be an easy fight for Lara, so would Tureano Johnson. Rubio retired, so I guess yeah, he's a logical choice for Lara...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Lara is exactly one year younger than Golovkin. Golovkin turns 35 in April. Lara turns 34.
            Yea but his balls dropped a long time ago, Golovtits is terrified of him and of moving up in weight

Comment

I think Lara would box the ears off N'Dam myself.

In theory Canelo should give Lara a rematch. It was a close fight. But the boxing public, hardcore fans included, were disgusted by his performance and he essentially disqualified himself from another shot.

As for Golovkin, I don't get why he never hear about any communication between the two sides. Do the powers that be not want it? We never hear either side say that they sent an email or made an offer and they heard nothing back. It seems like Lara just talks about it to the media but there is no effort made by anyone else. It's just put out there as hot air.

I'd like to see the fight. I think Golovkin's team should look for it if the alternative is a 5 to 15 ranked middleweight. But I think Lara's team should actually make an offer if they really want the fight, rather than be satisfied with appearing to want the fight.

Comment

Here's a question the writer should have asked Lara," Do you get that a KO over a faded, gimpy legged ex-champ does nothing for your rep and makes you look like a poser?"

Comment

That's like saying, I keep asking for a raise! Of course he wants ggg or Canelo, career pay days for him. He wants the pay day but he don't want to fight, canelos fight is evidence of that

Comment

I know it's fashionable to crap on Golovkin at the moment but the good thing about someone unifying the division is that he has to fight mandatories to stay unified.

If Lara (or anyone) wants to fight GGG all they have to do is get ranked #1 in any of 3 sanctioning bodies at MW. That should not be that hard to do.

Make Lara vs N'Dam for the interim belt, grab it and lobby for a mando to be ordered. Then he would get his shot.

Yeah, yeah I know Brook didn't but if Lara really wants the fight he's got to go after it.

Comment

GGG scared of Cuban marathon runner? Lol! Keep fighting on the 2ND CIRCUIT on makeshift stages in dogtrack parking lots. Ur style sux and makes for boring fights against top fighters who can punch. U stood ur ground against Foreman, who hasn't? The guy can't break an egg!!

Comment

Working...
                      X