Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Mayweather Fires Shots at Oscar De La Hoya Over Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
    Gotta give it to Money, even though his fighter just became a world champ he still trying to rob Oscar's meal ticket. Dude needs to understand Canelo loyalty to Oscar lies deep... Aint nothing he can say or any amount of money his daddy Haymon can offer him that will change that. CANELO is the A side now the Money Man he calls the shots now not him
    Canelo ain't calling any shots.

Comment

Floyd definitely saying a ton of true sh^t there. Idk about that Oscar/Canelo sh^t, but then again when your contract is up there is not necessarily any reason to stay loyal in such a brutal business so without knowing the detail I'd have to lean towards Oscar there. F#ck loyality, get money or if all else is equal get with the people who'll get you more money long term & with HBO PPV I think Canelo & Oscar were smart to flip over to HBO. So the goal for everyone should be to get what you're worth & gtfo. F#ck loyality for the sake of loyality once you fulfill your end of the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Canelo ain't calling any shots.
        I'm sure JCC Jr would disagree with you... Canelo told him take the 6 mil or kick rocks guess what he obliged... Lil G won't get any better than the 15 mil offer he can't either man up and take it or kick sand...

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
          u were in a clear minority..he was worth every penny and every broken record shows it.
          Let me guess...you're black

Comment

understand the business..floyd didnt jump he gave hbo the number he wanted repeated times. hbo failed to produce the number...just like adonis stevenson..floyd didnt even speak to showtime until hbo refused to pay his worth..showtime paid and they now have a deep budget bc of obtaining, and bc of the investment paying off.

oscar reportedly shook on a deal with showtime and then went and go a deal from hbo and didnt even let showtime attempt to match it.
            You can try to dance around the fact, but he jumped ship. Don't really care for the reason, it was his decision to make. It is what it is.

As for the second part in bold. I don't really care. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

floyd always thinking he knows better and the only one paying fighters. Canelo has made more money than all of TMT fighters combined!

I think Lomachenko less than ten pro fights in makes more than TMT fighters. So where is this generosity from floyd the promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
                You can try to dance around the fact, but he jumped ship. Don't really care for the reason, it was his decision to make. It is what it is.

As for the second part in bold. I don't really care. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, so it doesn't matter.
                sorry if i prefer facts and business edicate over your "dont really care stance"

Comment

sorry if i prefer facts and business edicate over your "dont really care stance"
                  What facts?
                  Fact is Floyd left HBO and Went to Showtime.

Fact is Canelo did the same.

Floyd wants to hold others to a standard that he himself did not live by.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
                    What facts?
                    Fact is Floyd left HBO and Went to Showtime.

Fact is Canelo did the same.

Floyd wants to hold others to a standard that he himself did not live by.
                    u left out the edicate part

floyd likely had a clause that said he couldn't negotiate with anyone else but hbo until so many days are up..he put his number out there for hbo and they kept refusing it stupidly...when x ammount of days are up he can shop himself..

oscar during the x ammount of days told showtime they had a deal and reportedly shook on it only to go to hbo and not let showtime match the offer that he should have never even go after shaking with them...

it's just edicate...if u dont like it in business that's on you.

adonis did the same as floyd..he gave hbo until the last day to get the deal he wanted..only went to showtime after hbo refused his deal but showtime likely paid for the same exact one.

Comment

Fact: Floyd jumped ship.

Comment

Working...
                      X