Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale, Badou Jack Trade Knockdowns - Fight To a Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was all set to give the fight to DeGale until the 12th round KD. A draw is the right decision but it has to be demoralizing for both fighters. Seriously, the ref should have took a point for the mouthpiece. He threatened to disqualify him, DeGale did it again, and he gave him another warning.

Comment

Robbery? No. Just no.

Comment

Imagine degale landing on me when he can't even break jack's pathetic defence

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          You have a clear and biased agenda.

Jack worked his ass over....those bodyshots...wow!

James spitting out his mouth piece
          No, not at all.

If there HAD to be a winner, i'd edge towards Jack but i genuinely feel they won 6 rounds each. Although Jack did more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            It's because they don't ****ing fight. It was obvious that DeGale barely landed a clean shot and even as an amateur boxer you could see that.
            Agree with this, a lot of DeGales shots were hitting gloves. A lot of Jack's shots were glancing or slight blows as well.

As an aside, the commentary was very biased I thought (I watched with US commentary) and it was shocking to hear booing in the crowd at the end of the fight (before the scorecards were revealed). Great fight with lots of action, both men showed a lot of heart.

Same old story, when the fight goes to the judges, someone's gonna be p*ssed off. Don't see how there's a better way to do it though. Compubox is a load of ****, you see what you wanna see sometimes

Comment

Jack's body shots were serious.. he landed the more effective cleaner shots. clear victory for Jack. .that gigantic ring is the only reason Degale wasn't stopped, he used his superior footwork to evade danger.. Jack couldn't cut a ring for **** doe.

I know Floyd said Jack is moving to 175 but I don't see him doing a damn thing at that weight of significance. Andre Ward would shut him out, Kovalev and Stevenson stop him. they need to reconsider that career move.

just make the rematch at 170-172 to make Jack more comfortable ..but would the 168 belts be on the line?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
                True, the card overall was brilliant, a great night of boxing, one that I was excited at watching the fights
                I agree, both fights delivered.

Great way to start off 2017 (ignore that Spike TV card from last night lol)

Comment

I thought Jack clearly won, 115-111. I like Chunky but he got off lucky tonight. I wouldn't quite say it was a robbery tho.

Comment

I'm a Brit and was supporting Degale, but Jack won that fight by 2 points on my card.

Degale was diabolical tonight. His performance had no structure what so ever, which is usually the norm, but tonight was extra bad. So he can count himself lucky tonight.

Floyd usually talks a load of bollocks but tonight he had it spot on. That's twice in a row Jack has won the fight only to be on the end of bad score cards.

Comment

Was a robbery, absolutely disgraceful judging

Comment

Working...
                      X