Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you regain respect for Jr if he beats Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you regain respect for Jr if he beats Canelo?

I am curious to know what y'all think Chavez Jr stands to gain from this fight. Will fans forgive his prior losses, failed drug tests and missed weigh ins if he gets the W over Canelo?

Let's assume for the sake of this poll that Chavez Jr makes weight and wins the fight clean.
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-14-2017, 06:18 AM.

Slight respect, only because he's an underdog. Though if he pulls it out for this fight he'll just go celebrate with a years worth of tacos.

Comment

Speaking of underdog, Paddypower and Betfair both put up lines of 14/1 in favor of Canelo.

That's wider than Luis Ortiz's odds to beat Shannon Briggs.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-14-2017, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Ill gain respect if he makes the weight limit.

Comment

if he beat canelo, he'd become one of my favourite fighters. Would be brilliant and serve de la hoya and canelo right.

Comment

I'd be in shock.

Then Chavez can do whatever he'd like. GGG, Ward, Kov, Stevenson, DeGale-Jack... Gutknecht rematch.

Comment

Yes definitely. Chavez jr just blows up in weight because of lazy habits. But imo when hes dedicated and in shape hes tough to beat

Comment

I've been dying to see this former LHW beat up a JMW. I'd love it if he fought a welter afterward too. What's Brook up to?

Comment

Anyone that beats Canelo deserves respect. It's up to jr. to keep it after the fight.

Comment

How many of you think chavez has a chance? If he gets himself in shape I think he has a really good chance. The guy is strong, tough with KO power. I'm looking forward to this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X