Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Deal Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Jr is not drained, im calling the upset.

Canelo is tailor made for Chavez. Smaller fighter with minimal movement, who throws very few punches and tends to tire out around the middle of the fight. Canelo has pretty good head movement which makes up for his stuck in mud, lack of foot speed and movement, but Chavez Jr sits past the pocket inside of your shoulders, which will suffocate Canelo's combos, and Chavez works the body pretty well when he's in this position, which negates Canelo's head movement. This will be a battle of positioning, Chavez will want to be close, while Canelo will want to stay in the pocket to land combos, which is the one advantage he has over Chavez. Canelo has slow hands but decent speed when he snaps out a combo, deffinetely faster than Jr. I can see this fight being pretty even for the first few rounds, I could even see Canelo edging a lead maybe even looking much better than Chavez, but I think Chavez's pressure, non stop punching and size will define the second half the fight. I say ref stoppage some where between rounds 8-10.

Of course this all depends on Chavez Jr's conditioning, and I think if he actually trains with Roach, I would double down on my prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Are you ******ed? GGG Jacobs is signed, took huge money to get the Mando to sign. Canelo doesn't wanna fight GGG till September at best
      Was GGG wanting Chavez for the longest? Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        Great for the sport.
        I gotta agree . And I think we'll get a pretty good fight too .

Comment

• ''fellow'' mexican ''superstar'' my ass. jr only has his last name going for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
            If Jr is not drained, im calling the upset.

Canelo is tailor made for Chavez. Smaller fighter with minimal movement, who throws very few punches and tends to tire out around the middle of the fight. Canelo has pretty good head movement which makes up for his stuck in mud, lack of foot speed and movement, but Chavez Jr sits past the pocket inside of your shoulders, which will suffocate Canelo's combos, and Chavez works the body pretty well when he's in this position, which negates Canelo's head movement. This will be a battle of positioning, Chavez will want to be close, while Canelo will want to stay in the pocket to land combos, which is the one advantage he has over Chavez. Canelo has slow hands but decent speed when he snaps out a combo, deffinetely faster than Jr. I can see this fight being pretty even for the first few rounds, I could even see Canelo edging a lead maybe even looking much better than Chavez, but I think Chavez's pressure, non stop punching and size will define the second half the fight. I say ref stoppage some where between rounds 8-10.

Of course this all depends on Chavez Jr's conditioning, and I think if he actually trains with Roach, I would double down on my prediction.
            jr is the definition of predictability. theres also no thought process in his game. he plants his feet and put everything he has into his punches. rudimentary at best. that shlt worked on his way up the ladder.

canelo will be teeing off at will.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Was GGG wanting Chavez for the longest? Yes.
              Not really, though Sanchez has a hard on for that fight. GGG signed to face him in 2014 when Chavez was more of a factor, Chavez backed out and since then Ggg hasn't wasted time on the increasingly irrelevant guy

Comment

• They are both destroyimg their careers with this fight. Canelo should fight Cotto and Chavez should have a rematch with Martinez or fight Hopkins.

Comment

• Would have loved to seen canelo fight the version of Chavez from 6 years ago that was banging out guys like Rubio and duddy

I think canelo to professional and skilled for Chavez... chavez will come forward and get bombed on... canelo 117-111

Comment

• 164.5 is verry low for Chavez Jr. but he has more than enough time to lose weight and get in shape. but still...he has no chance anyway. its gonna be a one-sided beat down for manny rounds because Chavez jr. might be to big to get stopped early by Canelo.

Comment

• i dont think anyone can now deny that canelo ducked ggg.

Comment

Working...
                      X