Jack Dempsey vs Today's Heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe he could beat Charles Martin

Comment

• Fat Andy Ruiz beat Joshua, but Jack Dempsey couldn't?

Please.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

You claim you are EDUCATING everyone here ,all i see is you ignoring all realistic points and coming back around with far fetched ones of your own . Firpo who was unrefined 215 pounder knocked Demspey out of the ring and you are questioning Wilders and Joshua abilities bc they havent SHOWED you anything yet ?

So let me get this straight , Joshua at 6'6 245 who has refined skills to that of BETTER abilities of a modern super heavyweight (yes they are trained better today ,i know its hard for nostalgics to believe ) is going to be an underdog vs a 190 Demspey ?

You used Frazier as an 200 pound example bc he beat Ali ? Frazier was nearly TKO'd by cruierweight Bonevena in the second rnd bc Bonevena THEN was considered a power puncher ,using Ali is not even relevant here bc Frazier didnt fight power punchers and when he did you saw the results (Foreman)

Using modern guys at 6'4 230 who were power punchers (Sanders ) to somehow show Demspey could win off of ONE Wlad fight is illogical and he was a southpaw too. In what context does a guy 3 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier ,different style etc have to do with Demspeys chances with Wlad ?

Demspey was an unrefined Mike Tyson like style ,MUCH EASIER to hit , needed to clinch and hit to maintain fight control and his legendary status is suped up bc he beat Jess Willard years out of retirement and NO WHERE near refined big man ( Fighting tall,utilizing distance ,better jabbing ,tighter defense ,footwork ,etc ) .

Demspey was the first to introduce better utilisation of variety combos of head to body but lets come back down to earth , a guy like Joshua wwho is an elite athlete ,fast and aggressive with tigyt counter punching abilities to use if he wants would crush Demspeys come forward mauling style ,end of !

"Willie Meehan was an extraordinary fighter, who fought in every weight division from flyweight to heavyweight, against some of the greatest fighters of his era.* Meehan was one of the great characters of the ring, who spurned the idea of training, and special diets. His rise in weight wasnt due to an increase in muscle, but an incongruous increase in his waistline. By the time Willie had grown into a heavyweight of about 190 pounds, his 5 ft.* 9in.* body was portly in the extreme.

His physique resembled an early Tony Galento (with hair) but, rather than being a bar room brawler, type of slugger like Galento, Meehan was a clever and tricky boxer. He had speed that belied his build, and a huge collection of tricks with which to befuddle and exasperate his opponents.* "

A guy like Meehan not just short and no power gave Demspey problems but you are trying to sell he walks through modern era guys ? On what planet ?

This entire thread is beating a dead horse , i can go on forever with this it really wouldn't matter . Demspey is like a comic book super hero and that for many overrides logic , i can write a entire book on how boxing has changed and how heavy weights have changed from the 1900 to 2000's but guys like you would just read a old newspaper clipping from 1920's some reporter saying how Demspey was the best ever and go with that even though it wouldn't be logical !
        Rob was a crazy troll nobody is that blind to not see everything you said is facts and on vid and nobody is that dumb to actually believe a person like jack or anybody from that time could hit let alone beat a person from 70s-90s its obvious he was trolling

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Fat Andy Ruiz beat Joshua, but Jack Dempsey couldn't?

Please.
          Dumb comparison idiot look at how they fought in jack time its obvious he wouldnt be able to hit Anthony stop acting dumb the man was outdated simple as that what's hard to understand stop trolling
          Last edited by Ascended; 01-16-2022, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Lol @ you trying to tell me about my sport. Get real. Too small. Not skilled enough. Joe Louis wouldn't crack the top 5 today even. Modern athletes are bigger, more athletic and plain old smarter. None of those fighters would be competitive in today's hw div where the champions are 6 foot 4-7 and weigh close to 250 lbs or more with huge reach.

Sorry but that's real truth.
            Anybody who still says that dumb quote of how louis was the best still is trolling or just crazy its been mutiple people way more skilled and moved way better then him from 70s-90s its dumb to say he was more skilled then them when he obviously wasn't or he never would had lost or struggled with the trash he fought

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              Dempsey would be cruiserweight contender today, and probably champ with one of the belts. HW would e be difficult for him but he'd beat many top 20 guys.

And anyone who thinks Dempsey, the first truely modern boxer, is crude is simply not a student of the game.
              No your a idiot of the game boxing didnt stop back then its been told mutuple pages how mutiple people was way more skilled and moved better from 70s-90s stop trolling dummy

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

Anybody who still says that dumb quote of how louis was the best still is trolling or just crazy its been mutiple people way more skilled and moved way better then him from 70s-90s its dumb to say he was more skilled then them when he obviously wasn't or he never would had lost or struggled with the trash he fought
                Just too small bro, a totally different era. Skill wise, yeah, Louis had that in spades but when you give up 50 lbs and height/reach, it's just a couple bridges too far. SNS

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

No your a idiot of the game boxing didnt stop back then its been told mutuple pages how mutiple people was way more skilled and moved better from 70s-90s stop trolling dummy
                  And lol @ you calling me an idiot & responding to posts from me 4.5 years ago in which some of them you gave thumbs up to and can't even spell correctly with spell check built in or distinguish the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. You DQ'd yourself and your foolish argument.

Comment

And lol @ you calling me an idiot & responding to posts from me 4.5 years ago in which some of them you gave thumbs up to and can't even spell correctly with spell check built in or distinguish the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. You DQ'd yourself and your foolish argument.
                    using dumb quotes like I can't means you stuck cause the word you should have used was wont since it's by choice and its the internet why do I have to im not in school how is it foolish when its fact you dumb follower and why does the year matter when I respond if I wanted to respond the same year or day what difference does it make

see how your brainwashed way of thinking dont hurt me im not hurt by it if you wanted to hurt me you would have to know me personal cause using a dumb followers quote of how I don't spell the so called right way like you is wrong doesnt do nothing to me ot does anybody else using that quote nothing hurts me in anyway its said so why use it stop

I don't believe in right or wrong it's no such thing as right or a right way to talk it is a such thing as being proper which you should have used instead you want me to be proper I can do that but even then it's no insult to me im not in school why do you care I dont care how you or anybody else talks so called wrong or right

if I wanted to spell lots of words wrong what does it matter to you the post you said was idiotic like I said
                    Last edited by Ascended; 01-17-2022, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Just too small bro, a totally different era. Skill wise, yeah, Louis had that in spades but when you give up 50 lbs and height/reach, it's just a couple bridges too far. SNS
                      no Louis didnt his skill and movement was trash compared it's been way more skilled people and who moved way better with mutiple advances in tech then him nothing to do with weight look how he fought and who he stuggled with that others from 70s-90s wouldnt or would they ever lose to

Comment

Working...
                      X