Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Mayweather is Not Impressed With McGregor's Popularity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lacedup View Post
    mcgregor is more popular than mayweather. That's the bottom line.

Go to instagram, facebook, youtube - any social media and look at it.

Mcgregor absolutely bashes mayweather and everything he's done.

As mayweather correctly put it - mcgregor has been fighting 3-4 years in the ufc and mayweather has been fighting for 20 years. Now, mcgregor has done 4+mil ppv in 2016 alone, rivaling any year of mayweather.

And he's just a couple of years in.
    floyd has way more follows on instagram..... Thats the only social platform he uses full time..... Also he is 40 years old and still the face of mma and boxing..... Conors biggest payday is $3million.... Floyd was making $3 million in the 90's hahahahahahaha....... Take your ******ed talking points somewhere else....

Comment

floyd: other fighters need to stop using my name!

floyd cant stop talking about mcgregor. every chance he gets, he name drop conor lol. pretty sad. mcgregor aint even all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
        He seems like he's starting to be bored by the question.
        He is. And he's right. We know what the results would be - same results as always.

Don't think it would be a Gatti-level destruction. More like Mayweather/Mosley with less speed, likely

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
          floyd has way more follows on instagram..... Thats the only social platform he uses full time..... Also he is 40 years old and still the face of mma and boxing..... Conors biggest payday is $3million.... Floyd was making $3 million in the 90's hahahahahahaha....... Take your ******ed talking points somewhere else....
          I hoped someone would bring that up.

Now, go through their uploads. one by one. See who has most likes and most comments. Lets look at each's last photo:

McGregors last photo: 515k likes
          Mayweathers last photo: 52k likes

Now, do you mean to tell me that a guy with 5 million less followers, should right about always get around 10x more likes than the other guy?

You do the math son.

Comment

Originally posted by lacedup View Post
            i hoped someone would bring that up.

Now, go through their uploads. One by one. See who has most likes and most comments. Lets look at each's last photo:

Mcgregors last photo: 515k likes
            mayweathers last photo: 52k likes

now, do you mean to tell me that a guy with 5 million less followers, should right about always get around 10x more likes than the other guy?

You do the math son.
            um floyds last picture is a graphic of him winning a sports bet you ******....... Lay off the meth

Comment

This is a good topic I often have fun with. Ill ask people who dont know so much about sports or follow just one sport. On my end its pretty even, some know Floyd some know Connor and some know both. Difference is, Floyds reputation is for being a boring fighter while Connor is known to be ****y but fun to watch. So while both are pretty well known both are known by very different opinions.

Put it to the test instead of going off of personal interests. A bad trend that often happens on this site.

Comment

um floyds last picture is a graphic of him winning a sports bet you ******....... Lay off the meth
                No need for excuses man. How bad is it if you have to defend everything Floyd has done. Put it to the test and ask around in your area. So who gets the more tallies. Hey do you know who Floyd Mayweather is?.....Who? Hey do you know who Connor MecGregor is?....Oh yea hes a crazy dude.

Comment

conor will never break floyds ppv records..... Floyd vs oscar, floyd vs canelo alone beat any conor fights in ppv numbers..... Floyd vs manny is another level so i wont even go there...... What is conors biggest ppv fight? How many ppv did it sell???
                  but look at who Floyd has to fight to get those records.. Oscar, Canelo and Pacquiao. three big name superstars. now name me anybody Conor can fight that's on the level of those three..you can't do it. meaning Conor is doing crazy numbers on his own while Floyd needed a name of equal or more popularity to get his numbers.. and as far as entertainment value Conor blows him out of the water.. and ima Floyd fan.

but I do agree Conor is drastically underpaid..he is getting robbed blind. to think of all the money he has brought to the UFC and his biggest payday is $3 million.. that's crazy.
                  Last edited by DeLorean; 01-13-2017, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strive 4 Truth View Post
                    No need for excuses man. How bad is it if you have to defend everything Floyd has done. Put it to the test and ask around in your area. So who gets the more tallies. Hey do you know who Floyd Mayweather is?.....Who? Hey do you know who Connor MecGregor is?....Oh yea hes a crazy dude.
                    Okay, now I know this has absolutely nothing to do with me, and I don't like to engage in online back and forth debates with haters/fanboys, but the stuff in bold is probably one of the weakest arguments for popularity ot unpopularity I've ever come across as being known doesn't equate to being popular.

Being known by millions of people, can mean you're hated by millions. Being popular could mean you're popular with a total of 7 people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                      but look at who Floyd has to fight to get those records.. Oscar, Canelo and Pacquiao. three big name superstars. now name me anybody Conor can fight that's on the level of those three..you can't do it. meaning Conor is doing crazy numbers on his own while Floyd needed a name of equal or more popularity to get his numbers.. and as far as entertainment value Conor blows him out of the water.. and ima Floyd fan.

but I do agree Conor is drastically underpaid..he is getting robbed blind. to think of all the money he has brought to the UFC and his biggest payday is $3 million.. that's crazy.
                      I think the issue here is that people are using the terms "popular" and "known" interchangeably.

Floyd isn't "popular" with any of the fanbases of the fighters you mentioned, but they all "know" him, because he beat their fav fighters.

Conor McGregor could likely walk around my neighbourhood/area, and would be recognised by a fair amount of the jacked up dudes who frequent the two popular jock places downstairs. Floyd could walk around the area, and EVEYBODY, including the cleaners, the builders, all the patrons of the bars and restaurants, all of them would know who he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X