Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Korobov: Golovkin Will Knock Out Jacobs Inside of Eight Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Korobov: Golovkin Will Knock Out Jacobs Inside of Eight Rounds

Matt Korobov respects Daniel Jacobs' ability. The Russian middleweight contender just doesn't think Jacobs can upset Gennady Golovkin. Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs), despite his size, skill and and power, is an 8-1 underdog two months in advance of his March 18 middleweight title fight against Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs) at Madison Square Garden (HBO Pay-Per-View).
    [Click Here To Read More]

What's the story with Korobov? He hasn't even fought a 12 rounder since Lee stopped him two years ago.

He's #10 with the WBC at 160. And he's #9 with the WBO at 168. You would expect him to be targeting an N'Dam/Stevens/Heiland type opponent right now, but no word of it.

Comment

Agreed. Jacobs is a good athlete but i dont think he is tough enough to deal with what GGG brings.

He is going to have to be perfect that night, and we havent seen any evidence that he can achieve that

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        What's the story with Korobov? He hasn't even fought a 12 rounder since Lee stopped him two years ago.

He's #10 with the WBC at 160. And he's #9 with the WBO at 168. You would expect him to be targeting an N'Dam/Stevens/Heiland type opponent right now, but no word of it.
        You caught that also??? Dudes UDing 8 rounders and some how deserves a fight with GGG??? He's high as a kite

Comment

Korobov might be right in some sense but I don't agree totally with him. DANNY can beat him now even thought he lost in the amateurs. AJ vs Dillain Whyte was a typical. Also, Jacobs has what it takes to beat GGG. He only has to fight smart and avoid being on the ropes. He should fight him at the middle of the ring, not going backwards.

Comment

Jacobs has faster hands and longer reach. GGG has better timing, accuracy, jab, power, chin, body punching, set-up, punch selection, stamina (at least in his prime he's 34 how so we'll see), and basically everything else. GGG should win unless he gets old overnight. He should probably win anyway even if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Agreed. Jacobs is a good athlete but i dont think he is tough enough to deal with what GGG brings.

He is going to have to be perfect that night, and we havent seen any evidence that he can achieve that
              Or wipe Golovkin out with his own power. I think Golovkin's chin is going to crack some day and Jacobs might hit hard enough to do it. To beat Golovkin you probably have to be better on the back foot than Danny is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Or wipe Golovkin out with his own power. I think Golovkin's chin is going to crack some day and Jacobs might hit hard enough to do it. To beat Golovkin you probably have to be better on the back foot than Danny is right now.
                I think GGGs chin is going to be too sturdy for all of this crop of 160lbers. Inc. canelo if he ever steps up.

I havent really seen him fazed so far. Stevens hit him with some big shots too

Comment

Even a punch-drunk Korobov can see it coming. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    I think GGGs chin is going to be too sturdy for all of this crop of 160lbers. Inc. canelo if he ever steps up.

I havent really seen him fazed so far. Stevens hit him with some big shots too
                    I think Lemieux shook him with one left hook, but yeah apart from that it's remarkable how easily he has absorbed the big punches he has taken. Even though I don't rate Geale that highly, that knockout kind of sums it up. Even when he's caught mid-punch he can still land with big power.

I do think Brook showed that with good enough footwork you can turn him and catch him from angles coming in. But that's hard to sustain when he just keeps coming.

Comment

Working...
                    X