Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mayweather have gone through sugar shane mosley's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Mayweather have gone through sugar shane mosley's resume undefeated?

Thoughts???????????

I think the prime version of Forest, Winky and Oscar was nicer than and fighter money faced imo......

Comment

imho, yes.

even though ww wasnt mays best div, his skills were 2nd to none (lack of power notwithstanding). triangular theories dont necessarily work (mayorga beat vernon so why wouldnt may ?!?!? margarito gave pw a tough fight, why wouldnt may ?!?!?!). i think may wouldve beat vernon and pw but in a different ways. winky would have been a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
        imho, yes.

even though ww wasnt mays best div, his skills were 2nd to none (lack of power notwithstanding). triangular theories dont necessarily work (mayorga beat vernon so why wouldnt may ?!?!? margarito gave pw a tough fight, why wouldnt may ?!?!?!). i think may wouldve beat vernon and pw but in a different ways. winky would have been a tough fight.
        I doubt Mayweather can go through Prime Winky at 154. Winky was far bigger than Mayweather and he cuts off the ring so good like GGG and has a big punch also. HAd a great jab and super hard granite chin. If a faded Winky can compete with a close fight against a still good natural Light heavy in Hopkins, then Winky would have walked down mayweather.

Comment

I would have prime Dela Hoya beating him to a 115-113 or 116-112 range. And a mid-late round TKO win for Prime Winky over Mayweather. Too big too strong Winky is for Money may.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            I doubt Mayweather can go through Prime Winky at 154. Winky was far bigger than Mayweather and he cuts off the ring so good like GGG and has a big punch also. HAd a great jab and super hard granite chin. If a faded Winky can compete with a close fight against a still good natural Light heavy in Hopkins, then Winky would have walked down mayweather.
            also he was a lefty. no question it would have been a tough fight for may. i can never count may out in any fight but this would push him.

winky fighting hop close cant translate into him manhandling may. if that was the case, all top guys who were bigger than may would have mushed him. theres a reason why winky never ran a div. hes always been that guy whos gonna make you earn that win.

Comment

also he was a lefty. no question it would have been a tough fight for may. i can never count may out in any fight but this would push him.

winky fighting hop close cant translate into him manhandling may. if that was the case, all top guys who were bigger than may would have mushed him. theres a reason why winky never ran a div. hes always been that guy whos gonna make you earn that win.
              dude, shane fought those guys six times lol(two times a piece) all prime.....dude with the exception of prime leonard/hears i'm not sure there's any welter/super welter that could go 6-0 against them

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
                dude, shane fought those guys six times lol(two times a piece) all prime.....dude with the exception of prime leonard/hears i'm not sure there's any welter/super welter that could go 6-0 against them
                ssm was a beast BUT he didnt do too well vs those guys (fought well but didnt win). he obviously didnt go 6-0. imho, he caught a gift vs dlh 1.

its just mho that may would have gone 6-0 ish (maybe a draw or 2).

Comment

Floyd would beat on Shane's resume like a red-headed stepchild. Get real.

Comment

ssm was a beast BUT he didnt do too well vs those guys (fought well but didnt win). he obviously didnt go 6-0. imho, he caught a gift vs dlh 1.

its just mho that may would have gone 6-0 ish (maybe a draw or 2).
                    That's my point he didn't go 6-0 with them.....and i don't think mayweather would either...who the hell could beat those guys back to back in their prime seriously....come on now

Comment

Working...
                    X