Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt Trinidad rematch De La Hoya or Joe C rematch Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins does deserve a rematch, though, that was no way for a legend to bow out. Being pushed by a desperate Smith just as he was starting to tire him out was the dirtiest move I've ever seen in a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      If Oscar hadn't stepped off the gas in the championship rounds he would have won. I remember Foreman telling it like it is, "Oscar won but he gave it away"
      he landed more punches, doe. is there even a highlight video dedicated to titos epic ''victory'' ???? dlh has one.

even if people say dlh ''ran'' away those last THREE rds, they dont have to be auto rds for tito. dlh did what he wanted to do IN THOSE RDS better than what tito wanted to do in those same rds.

people love to harp on a guy not standing there and trading for the entire fight. had dlh done that and get caught, people would be calling him an idiot. had the fight locked up but let pride get in the way......

dlh won and was robbed. its ranked 25 on the all time robbery list for a reason (i have it the top 5).

in the end, all people who think tito won can say is ''dlh ran those last rds.'' they NEVER post videos or mention punch stats.

NEVER !

Comment

tito didnt want any more of dlh and calzaghe retired

Comment

De la hoya clearly didnt want a rematch and is a fact.

Comment

I don't remember the politics of it, but Tito moved up straight away and by the time Oscar went to JMW, Tito had already been badly beaten by B-Hop.

It was a bit like Floyd-Manny anyway in that after huge hype the fight was a huge letdown. And nobody was too bothered if it happened or not.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
              De la hoya clearly didnt want a rematch and is a fact.

Comment

ODLH didn't want it. And also said that he would never fight Trinidad at 154.

The fight was such a let down that there was not that huge money like it did when they fought

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                  That is a one way highlights

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    That is a one way highlights
                    its the only kind that exists for that fight

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                      If Oscar hadn't stepped off the gas in the championship rounds he would have won. I remember Foreman telling it like it is, "Oscar won but he gave it away"
                      If Oscar Hadn't stepped of the gas in the championship rounds he would have got Knocked Da Fork Out!!! He was spent he didn't have much left in him.

Comment

Working...
                      X