No announcement yet.

Can Freddie Roach save Ronda Rousey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Freddie Roach save Ronda Rousey?

When I looked on Google Maps, I learned that the boxing gym Ronda Rousey trains in (named Glendale Boxing Club) is just 20 minutes drive away from Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym in Hollywood.

Just drive west on Los Feliz Boulevard until it turns into Western Ave. headed South. Then turn right on Hollywood Boulevard. Next, turn left on Vine. Keep going until you see Lexington. Shift to the right lane then enter the mall. If you find yourself on Santa Monica Boulevard, you just missed it. Take a U-turn somewhere than go back.

Easy trip. What do you think?

Originally posted by Bald Shavers View Post
    When I looked on Google Maps, I learned that the boxing gym Ronda Rousey trains in (named Glendale Boxing Club) is just 20 minutes drive away from Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym in Hollywood.

Just drive west on Los Feliz Boulevard until it turns into Western Ave. headed South. Then turn right on Hollywood Boulevard. Next, turn left on Vine. Keep going until you see Lexington. Shift to the right lane then enter the mall. If you find yourself on Santa Monica Boulevard, you just missed it. Take a U-turn somewhere than go back.

rousey has no defense.

how exactly is roach gonna help considering he knows nothing about defense or caucasian slickness? forget about bruva slickness....

rousey is done.... she cant even do movies because she's not really a naturally beautiful woman. she's quite masculine looking.

rousey looks like a good looking bull dyke...which is a smidgen below a regular looking woman...

gina carano at least was actually naturally beautiful.

Comment

roach cant even save the boxers he trains let alone rousey..roach is a joke and so is ronda

Comment

no..................

Comment

Maybe but she needs a striking coach that understands the MMA striking / grappling transitions bc MMA uses different distances and employs kicks and grappling . She needs someone that knows how to get her in those position to get the fight to the ground with minimal striking . Basic boxng is good but thats not her game , she needs a slick takedown trainer who can teach shoots from the outside to mix things up a bit and not rely solely on judo throws . Her striking isnt exactly the problem either its her defense and knowing when to get out of the pocket ....these are minor adjustments that could be the difference between getting your hand raised or not .

Comment

No she is done

Comment

any boxing coach could teach her, it doesnt need to be freddie roach
              Ive seen kids with better boxing skill than her, she has no idea

Comment

Roach still hasn't taught Pacquiao how to avoid straight rights.. he's overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  rousey has no defense.

how exactly is roach gonna help considering he knows nothing about defense or caucasian slickness? forget about bruva slickness....

rousey is done.... she cant even do movies because she's not really a naturally beautiful woman. she's quite masculine looking.

rousey looks like a good looking bull dyke...which is a smidgen below a regular looking woman...

gina carano at least was actually naturally beautiful.

Roach knows plenty about defensive. He is great teaching boxers how to pivot, and weave.

Not so much with great head movement, and shoulder-roll, staying in the pocket picking shots, etc.

But the style of striking utilized in MMA, that type of defensive posturing isn't effective due to kicks, and grappling. You want to be constantly on the move/shifting/pivoting - which IS what Roach teaches. He's great at setting up the 2-3 off the pivot.

I think Roach's striking would definitely be levels above what she has been taught thus far.

He improved GSP's striking by at least a level. Eventually, though, MMA evolved past the GSP/Silva era. Where there started emerged people who were black belts in BJJ, top-level strikers, and wrestlers/grapplers. Whereas in the GSP run, it was still kinda more one-sided - where each fighter just had one area of strength.

You can only learn so much, and become so good at boxing unless you start a really young age. Even guys like Sergio Martinez, who started late, was never that great of a technical boxer - he just had great food speed - he had no real defense on the inside - he could just dictate the distance with his food speed/dexterity. Once his knees got older, he showed he had no head movement/upper body movement.

Comment

And yes Gina Carano > Rousey in the looks department.

Carano was so damn ***y.

Rousey, however, is a naturally, classically pretty woman, and is certainly out of your league.

Comment

Working...
                    X