Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: Ward Convinced Judges, He Did NOT Beat Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortly after the fight- which was very close according to most ringside observers- I postulated that Kovalev's reverse headlock tactic may have played a huge role in the decision.

It almost had to be a factor in how the judges scored the fight.

Think about it:

Say you are watching 2 guys go at it in the street. Early on, one of them rocks the other guy and puts him on his arse. But, as the fight progresses, the same guy who threw that big punch is now reaching out and holding the guy he hurt pretty much everytime they start to get close.

What would you then conclude is going on?

Me? I'd say the guy that threw the big punch is now shying away from mixing it up inside. Every time.

And that in turn would have a definite effect on how I saw the whole fight.

Sergei has only himself to blame for the loss. He is the one that stopped jabbing. He is the one that followed Ward around, never cutting off the ring, eating counters to his head and body. He is the one who visibly slowed down and was outboxed from the middle of round 3 on.

And if he doesn't internalize that and grow from it, Ward will beat him again most likely.

Comment

People need to respect the skill level involved in this fight and how close it really was

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        No he didnt man damn we posted video proof..just because you like a fighter doesnt mean his trainer or even the fighter himself cant be full of **** and flip flop
        Where in the video does he say he had Ward winning?

He says he has the same scorecard as the night of the fight in the video you posted.

If you watched the video I posted you would clearly hear him say he had Kovalev winning.

His opinion never changed but your bias against him has swayed you to a false reality where he said he had Ward winning.

Do your research Before making a fool of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Where in the video does he say he had Ward winning?

He says he has the same scorecard as the night of the fight in the video you posted.

If you watched the video I posted you would clearly hear him say he had Kovalev winning.

His opinion never changed but your bias against him has swayed you to a false reality where he said he had Ward winning.

Do your research Before making a fool of yourself.

Comment

Did you watch it? Did you hear him saying he scored for Kovalev? Did you hear him say he had the fight the otherway around from the judges?

Comment

Did he actually say that he thought ward won somewhere in the video?

Comment

Video title is misleading. If you watch the whole video he never said he believes ward won the fight. Anything to promoe the racist bias agenda of dante and his chronies.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  Video title is misleading. If you watch the whole video he never said he believes ward won the fight. Anything to promoe the racist bias agenda of dante and his chronies.
                  Another cuban ass-kisser.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                    Did you watch it? Did you hear him saying he scored for Kovalev? Did you hear him say he had the fight the otherway around from the judges?
                    The man said it was 1 round apart and could have gone either way

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Another cuban ass-kisser.
                      Who so emotional alt troll?

Comment

Working...
                      X