No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr Stops Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    I gotta be honest I'm a huge Canelo fan but it looks like Chavez is going to beat the **** out of Canelo, there's a thing called weight divisions, we saw what happens when people do this, Khan jumped 8 pounds and was put to sleep, Brook jumped 13 pounds and had his face broken, Napoles jumped 13 pounds and was almost killed by Monzon, this is deja vu, unless Canelo can pull a Sugar Ray Leonard he's going to get stopped
    what gives you the impression that canelo is coming in at 165
    165 is for chavez to make

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
      what gives you the impression that canelo is coming in at 165
      165 is for chavez to make
      I'm not saying that, but he just fought Smith who was 154 pounder now he's fighting Chavez a power puncher at 165, he's never fought anyone that big, his biggest opponent was chinny Kirkland, Canelo's style is too fan friendly, the guy was litterally taking shots for fun against Smith, Kirkland, and Angulo. His style isn't like Mayweather's were he can pot shot from far away he has to be close to his opponents at all time and it only takes one uppercut from Chavez to put Canelo to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        if chavez isnt weight drained then i agree, i think this could be a cherry pick gone wrong. Canelo is used to fighting fighters who are signifcantly smaller than him.
        thank you, no one is getting that, Canelo is my second favorite fighter but i'm not stupid this fight is way to risky

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          I gotta be honest I'm a huge Canelo fan but it looks like Chavez is going to beat the **** out of Canelo, there's a thing called weight divisions, we saw what happens when people do this, Khan jumped 8 pounds and was put to sleep, Brook jumped 13 pounds and had his face broken, Napoles jumped 13 pounds and was almost killed by Monzon, this is deja vu, unless Canelo can pull a Sugar Ray Leonard he's going to get stopped
          Watch Chavez Jr fight; he's big as all hell for the weight, but he consistently fails to maximize the use of his physical advantages.

You add that Chavez Jr isn't a murderous puncher, to the fact that Alvarez has really started to show some real boxing craft, and the concern is unwarranted, imo

Comment

Working...
          X