No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Wawrzyk Set For February 25 In Birmingham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Wawrzyk Set For February 25 In Birmingham

Undefeated heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder (37-0, 36 KOs) will defend his title in his home state for the fourth time, as he faces once-beaten challenger Andrzej Wawrzyk (33-1, 19 KOs) in the main event of Premier Boxing Champions on FOX and FOX Deportes Saturday, February 25, from Legacy Arena at the BJCC in Birmingham, Alabama.

Televised coverage begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and will feature the only American heavyweight world champion headlining his third primetime show on network television, after Wilder most recently stopped Chris Arreola after eight-rounds of action on FOX in July. The champion suffered hand and bicep injuries during the fight, but returns on February 25 fully healthy.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Absolutely pathetic 5th title defense to go along with a pitiful title reign.....top ten hw never available for Wilder! Enjoy fighting on free tv in front of a couple thousand fans in a small arena in ur hometown - the only place u can actually draw a decent audience, while Aj fights Wk in front of 90k in wembly stadium.

Comment

What a crap but how can the WBC vincentian this piece of garbage Wilders turning into a Ward, always fighting in his hometown in case something goes wrong...

Comment

What a poor choice of opponent. This kind of opposition will not help wilder. When he does step up in class he might find he's not ready for it. I think he's a really good fighter but he needs to up his game.

Comment

Hopefully we get a good undercard.

Comment

This jokers going to retire 75-0 just with no top names on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
              What a poor choice of opponent. This kind of opposition will not help wilder. When he does step up in class he might find he's not ready for it. I think he's a really good fighter but he needs to up his game.
              I guess they will claim it's more of a tune up fight because of his recent injury that kept him out of boxing for several months now

Comment

How can Wilder call himself a "World Champion" by facing only gatekeepers the last 2 years ? The last time he fought an unbeaten opponent was 3-4 years ago.And I am not talking about a TOP unbeaten fighter.Wilder is even afraid to face Parker next but shouts loud that he will easily unify the division this year.BUM SQUAD !

Comment

So in 38 fights, Wilder has fought one credible opponent in Stiverne.

That's beyond pathetic. This guy might just be the biggest joke in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    I guess they will claim it's more of a tune up fight because of his recent injury that kept him out of boxing for several months now
                    Wilder had ONLY tune up fights the last 2 years !!!! as a World Champ since he beat Stiverne.

Comment

Working...
                    X