No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole/Chris Mannix expose Wards lies: GGG NEVER EVER ducked Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Whoever tells you that Ward avoided/ducked Ward, just guide him to this thread.
    After Mayweather beat De La Hoya Kevin Iole suggested Floyd should fight Andre Ward at 168 to test his skills. Kevin Iole wanted a 33 year old Floyd to fight at 168 pounds. A "real" sports journalist.

The dude is a ****ing dud. GGG and his team publicly spoke about a 164 lb catchweight after publicly challenging Andre Ward. Yet GGG and his team were willing to fight Froch and JCC at 168...? Then GGG and his tear require 154/155 lb champ to fight at 160 as well as 147lb champ to fight at 160.

Yeah this GGG guy might talk the talk, but he sure as **** is no less diva than Miguel Cotto. Can't even concede 1 lb for a 147 lb fighter - what a stud lmao

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      As I've said many times, GGG could make 154.

But the posters here know more than himself
      I think elite level boxers are built in to believe they can do most anything boxing related so just cuz a boxer thinks he can do something doesn't make him ultimately able to do so.

And I do suspect that GGG still couldn't make 154 & be healthy, despite his own opinion. I mean the guy hasn't actually made 154 in a decade & change at this point.

As for the TS definitely a podcast worth subscribing to & listening for this episode & the couple they've done + future ones. I've been waiting for Mannix to do his own boxing podcast since he started a sports podcast awhile back. He's one of my favorite boxing talking heads & tends to go a lil deeper than the typical hack ass boxing writer/reporter with his questions/opinions/outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        the team mayweather angle is interesting
        I'm wondering if Mayweather Promotions is/was looking to make a play for Ward after he was done with Roc Nation.

Seems outside their bankroll & capabilities with Ellerbe running the show, but there does seem to be a strong TMT/Mayweather Promotions push with Ward that I don't see with other guys that doesn't make much sense to me. I guess Ward could be seen as the most similar to Floyd guy in the game to day in certain ways.

Or Floyd is trying to avoid another James Prince & goons gym visit.

Comment

Alot of great replies.. thank you. More people need to listen to the podcast and find out the truth. There are still many people spreading lies to hate on GGG.

Comment

Remind me again why I'm supposed to give a sh.it? I didn't care about it then and I don't care about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Great podcast from a couple days ago by journalists/boxing analysts Chris Mannix and Kevin Iole from Yahoo Sports talking about GGG, Jacobs and Ward:

https://art19.com/shows/boxing-manni...8-79e7cb842249

Since the very same demographic is still pushing out the false narrative, that GGG ducked Ward, you should listen to the podcast.

Here are a couple quotes:

Real fans know the truth but a certain demographic/fanbse, which is very active on this very forum will keep pushing the lies, the false narrative, the perception that GGG ducked Ward.

Ask yourself, is there any neutral/unbiased media out there who push the Agenda that GGG ducked Ward? All the respectable journalists, analysts and writers make it perfectly clear that GGG never avoided Ward. It is a certain demographic, Ward, Mayweather and his fans that tries to push Wards lies.

About the 164lb rumor vs Ward

Some people now claim that GGG wanted Ward at 164 and others at 168, that is also false. The only little truth about is, that Loeffler said, GGG was the clear A Side during that time, Ward was on a 2 year hiatus of not fighting, while GGG was fighting 3-4 times per year on HBO yet Ward insisted on a 50/50 split. So obviously thats bullshit, while GGG had to move up in weight and was the much bigger name.

Tom said, if Ward really insists on 50/50 split (while being inactive for 2 years and GGG the bigger name and ticket seller), then he also needs to make some other concessions, meaning, then its all 50/50, money AND weight, so GGG moves up 4lb and Ward down 4lb. That is perfectly fair isn't it? Ward never tried to negotiate another split (for example 168 and 40/60) or make any kind of counteroffer, so thats that!

Whoever tells you that Ward avoided/ducked Ward, just guide him to this thread.
              By saying "certain demographic" you mean black folk you insecure asswipe?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                As I've said many times, GGG could make 154.

But the posters here know more than himself
                Chad Dawson said for years he could make 168 and that 168 was his real weight class. How did that turn out for him?

Comment

pssssh who gives a ****, we go tthe way better fight between kovalev vs ward.

Comment

Iole is barely above fitehype when it comes to pandering to the demographic....so thats very telling.

Comment

Originally posted by kagami taiga View Post
                      lmao. You love pushing this narrative. Golovkin has been a media darling for years. In the eyes of most of these boxing guys he does no wrong. Kinda the same **** we went through with pacquiao, buy at least that was understandable. They address one situation where ward wasn't an active fighter, didn't have a promotion behind him and was battling his former promotion. What they didn't address is the most recent attempt to make the fight. No that went totally ignored. along with the attempts to try to drag him down to 160. easy to ignore things that don't fit your agenda though. With that said, i don't think either fighter ducked the other. They don't fight in the same division. With that said, golovkin and his team have absolutely shown no interest in fighting ward in recent history.
                      wat? ................

Comment

Working...
                      X