Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Would Ward fare against Okelsndr Usyk if he fights at Crusierweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usyk is a face first brawler. ward wins it with ease. people will scream robbery just because he gets outlanded in clean punches but we true fans know what real boxing is

Comment

Usyk puts on a clinic for 12 rounds!

Comment

Usyk's dimensions pattern out pretty consistently with the dimensions that Chad Dawson had (with Usyk obviously being the physically bigger guy), and there's nothing in the way that Ward physically bludgeoned Dawson that would make me think that Dawson would've done any better had the fight been at 175lbs (Ward basically beating Dawson on position the entire fight had more to do with the defeat than the weight).

The HBO highlights of the Usyk-Mchunu fight don't make that performance seem as clear-cut as folks tried to talk it up as being here, and Mchunu was able to deliver effective punches on Usyk using tactics that would kind of pattern tools that Ward uses (still need to watch the full fight).

Beyond any talks about tactics, it'll be interesting to see how big Andre Ward can get, while still being Andre Ward (Ward stated, in his interview with Max Kellerman on SportsNation that he was sitting at basically 180lbs before starting the formal bulk up for Kovalev, a fight where Ward was still the smaller man).

If Ward can get up being a fight fit 195-205lbs, my guess is that he beats the **** out of Usyk, winning a wide decision (Ward was a good puncher at super midleweight and, though the weight will likely bring some extra snap/power with it, I don't see him ever being a murderous puncher)

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
          He didn't look to good at LHW, he'll get smashed at Crusier.
          LHW>Cruiser

Cruiser produces hard hitters, but mostly unskilled fighters. It's why a guy like RJJ can go 10 with a puncher like Lebedev, RJJ wouldn't last 4 rounds against Kovalev at this age.

Bellew, Vlasov are both having a ton of success at cruiser too, why? Because they're skilled, they're better boxers than most of the division. 175 is the perfect combination of size and skills, after that it gets worse and worse because guys depend more on their power.

Comment

Who cares? Beterbeast already put it on Usyk in the amateurs,but was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              LHW>Cruiser

Cruiser produces hard hitters, but mostly unskilled fighters. It's why a guy like RJJ can go 10 with a puncher like Lebedev, RJJ wouldn't last 4 rounds against Kovalev at this age.

Bellew, Vlasov are both having a ton of success at cruiser too, why? Because they're skilled, they're better boxers than most of the division. 175 is the perfect combination of size and skills, after that it gets worse and worse because guys depend more on their power.
              Usyk got skills for a Crusier and I'm not even fan of him or his out-boxing style.

RJJ and Ward are different fighters/styles.

Comment

Usyk is a lot better than Kovalev. We saw what Kovalev did to Ward, so....

Even if you thought Ward won, he barely won. Now he'll move up against a better boxer, who's bigger and who also hits harder than Kovalev? He hasn't got much of a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Usyk's dimensions pattern out pretty consistently with the dimensions that Chad Dawson had (with Usyk obviously being the physically bigger guy), and there's nothing in the way that Ward physically bludgeoned Dawson that would make me think that Dawson would've done any better had the fight been at 175lbs (Ward basically beating Dawson on position the entire fight had more to do with the defeat than the weight).

The HBO highlights of the Usyk-Mchunu fight don't make that performance seem as clear-cut as folks tried to talk it up as being here, and Mchunu was able to deliver effective punches on Usyk using tactics that would kind of pattern tools that Ward uses (still need to watch the full fight).

Beyond any talks about tactics, it'll be interesting to see how big Andre Ward can get, while still being Andre Ward (Ward stated, in his interview with Max Kellerman on SportsNation that he was sitting at basically 180lbs before starting the formal bulk up for Kovalev, a fight where Ward was still the smaller man).

If Ward can get up being a fight fit 195-205lbs, my guess is that he beats the **** out of Usyk, winning a wide decision (Ward was a good puncher at super midleweight and, though the weight will likely bring some extra snap/power with it, I don't see him ever being a murderous puncher)
                  no he wasn't stop making up garbage. he couldn't hurt allan green. you want so badly that your fav fighters have power but they just don't. then you go and bash people with power...

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

Dawson was a pitiful weight drained zombie in that fight.

Ward deserves zero credit for beating a walking corpse who was getting KO'd in sparring because of how drained he was.

Anyone could have beaten that Dawson

and Ward has never been or will ever be a ¨good puncher¨

dirty, pillowfisted and boring, that's what he is

Comment

I'd like to see a fat Ward...

Seriously though... Ward would only find disadvantages moving up another class weigh... I don't see how it could work out with the top dogs over there...

Comment

Working...
                      X