No announcement yet.

Salido vs Lomachenko II - MARCH 20TH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Floyd Sr wasn't better than Floyd Jr. Floyd Sr was a journeyman caliber guy. I don't think you understand what I'm talking about.
    Got your point now. You mean that sons of elite boxers can't get to the same level, because they lack the same hunger

But sons of "journeyman caliber" guys can succeed better than their ancestors

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      good stuff,should win, which would shut up a lot of the lomachenko haters on the site who start bleating about the salido loss in response to anything positive said about loma..
      this fight's result doesn't erase the first fight.. Lomachenko got beat by a C level part time Uber driver.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
        Got your point now. You mean that sons of elite boxers can't get to the same level, because they lack the same hunger

But sons of "journeyman caliber" guys can succeed better than their ancestors
        Exactly.

I'd also speculate that the non-great former fighter is often living vicariously through there kid as well so I think that makes for a higher degree of success for the kid than the father achieved cuz the father is pushing things harder & with more knowledge about what it takes to get where they got &/or beyond that point & probably without many of the bad habits the father had.

I mean Floyd for example had boxing gloves in the crib which is disturbing at best. Roy Jones Sr basically tortured RJJ when he was a kid. And I don't know what Felix Trinidad Sr did to Felix Trinidad Jr as a ki but I that it worked. And those are just some of the non-great former boxers who've played heavily into their child becoming a great fighter.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-25-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

march 20th? A big fight like this on a monday?

Comment

Haters gonna hate - this won't stop people from going out of their way to talk down Loma. But on a personal level for Loma, this will be redemption.

The only unfortunate thing about people hating the guy, is that they are missing watching a great fighter in action. It's a shame that boxing itself is a secondary thing for some boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
            X