Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does povetkin testing positive mean wilders dog**** CV is forever excused?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
    Lets get shyt straight, many backed Stievrne to beat Wilder more so than predicted Wilder would beat Stiverne. That was a seismic win a solid accomplishment but he's done absolutely nothing since, he has an immediate mandatory owing and due to one reason and others he's never in fact fought a solitary mandatory in two years.

Wilder has no claim to being a legitimate champion, if that is not reason enough to want to prove himself on the world stage nothing will motivate him and we will continue to be treat to these shyt opponents Al Haymon keeps finding him until he's due to face a notable mandatory whom I can't see where he's going to come from.
    and yeah thats the truth of it. I might not be the most hardcore knowledgable fan going but compared to most average boxing fans im a pretty passionate fan. I shouldnt be having to ****ing google the heavyweight champions opponents, and what came up near the top 'povetkin v wawryzk was a massive mismatch'

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      and yeah thats the truth of it. I might not be the most hardcore knowledgable fan going but compared to most average boxing fans im a pretty passionate fan. I shouldnt be having to ****ing google the heavyweight champions opponents, and what came up near the top 'povetkin v wawryzk was a massive mismatch'
      It was a pointless fight but I seem to remember Klitschko being allowed an optional defence vs Pianeta so Povetkin took a soft defence to stay busy in camp whilst waiting on his mandatory shot.

Wawrcyzk is garbage it's nothing more than an added camp for Wilder but the issue with this guy is you don't for one moment believe it will lead to an actual fight of competitive nature here afterward, I tend to avoid being excited over guys of the level of Wilder, he's clearly very limited and I had him losing to Szpilka on the cards before the stoppage, he's a one trick pony he'll come undone against a genuine talent.

Comment

Would it really have legitimised him? Im getting confused as to why povetkins made out to be the boogeyman, didnt wlad absolutely demolish this guy, and i mean demolish. Povetkins a real small heavyweight too. I really dont think im asking much for wilder as WORLD CHAMPION, to show some interest in fighting a true elite fighter.
        By legitimize I don't mean to suggest that Wilder would be viewed the same as Klitschko, obviously. I mean that it would have verified to me that he legitimately in the top few of active heavyweights.

Comment

It was a pointless fight but I seem to remember Klitschko being allowed an optional defence vs Pianeta so Povetkin took a soft defence to stay busy in camp whilst waiting on his mandatory shot.

Wawrcyzk is garbage it's nothing more than an added camp for Wilder but the issue with this guy is you don't for one moment believe it will lead to an actual fight of competitive nature here afterward, I tend to avoid being excited over guys of the level of Wilder, he's clearly very limited and I had him losing to Szpilka on the cards before the stoppage, he's a one trick pony he'll come undone against a genuine talent.
          yeah i was kind of on the fence until the spzlika fight (however the **** its spelt), cause his records so impressive in terms of ko's i was thinking maybe hes one of these guys who is actually a lot harder, and cleverer than he looks. But to get outboxed at times by someone of that level, no chance hes the real deal. Looks quite frail to me too, saw haye wobbling him in that sparring clip, molina giving him problems, jsut cant really see him being able to fight fire with fire against some of the top guys in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            By legitimize I don't mean to suggest that Wilder would be viewed the same as Klitschko, obviously. I mean that it would have verified to me that he legitimately in the top few of active heavyweights.
            yeah fair enough, i over exaggerated really, povetkins a decent win and to beat him you must be pretty good. Its just that he kind of gets made out to be some amazing elite opponent for wilder, whereas i think most the top guys would handle povetkin pretty easy. Couldnt really see him landing a glove on fury cause of size, and he got seriously beaten against wlad.

Comment

yeah i was kind of on the fence until the spzlika fight (however the **** its spelt), cause his records so impressive in terms of ko's i was thinking maybe hes one of these guys who is actually a lot harder, and cleverer than he looks. But to get outboxed at times by someone of that level, no chance hes the real deal. Looks quite frail to me too, saw haye wobbling him in that sparring clip, molina giving him problems, jsut cant really see him being able to fight fire with fire against some of the top guys in the division.
              Szpilka aka Szpila (the Pin).

Wilder has ridiculously skinny bambi legs, when he really has to move against a genuinely talented boxer fleet of foot he's fücked as shown with his struggles against the very limited and poor Szpila.

Comment

Wilder is still unproven and surrounded by questions marks.

Povetkin is a cheater.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Wilders resume is ****..his next opponent is ****..who is saying anything different?? i really want to know...serious question

Comment

Szpilka aka Szpila (the Pin).

Wilder has ridiculously skinny bambi legs, when he really has to move against a genuinely talented boxer fleet of foot he's fücked as shown with his struggles against the very limited and poor Szpila.

Szpilka is an awkward southpaw that moves a lot and makes himself a small target, he's also got KO power. Guys at HW are less skilled, but that's because they can end the fight in 1 punch.'

Wlad has been stopped, AJ has been KO'd in sparring, Jennings was dropped hard by a journeyman, etc. if you get hit clean in this division chances are you will go down.

Comment

Who is excusing Wilder? You dudes are paranoid.

Comment

Working...
                      X