Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum on joseph parker: we don't want a unification, looking at david price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Joshua will save boxing from cherrypicking manlets and these wretched, slimy, reptilian mother****ers.

Comment

This is the conclusive proof that you don't need to be one of the big US or UK fighters to be profitable. We keep hearing from Duco that they haven't made any money out of Parker because the NZ market isn't big enough but that's bull****. They sell tickets and sell PPV and sell TV rights around the world. They're already making millions out of him, they don't "need" the Joshua and Wilder fights. Which sucks for us fans because we won't see those fights for a long time.

I think I could handle 1, maybe 2 cherry-picked voluntaries. After that I cbf with Duco. Their undercards are the biggest circus I've ever seen. They don't even feature busted up journeymen, they feature actual Biggest Loser contestants and non-professionals. They won't pay for a real coach for JP, instead giving Barry the job so he can talk about himself and his family and their relationship for the media conferences.

Sick of them.
      Last edited by keith_head; 12-21-2016, 06:58 AM.

Comment

To be honest, I'd rather see Shannon Briggs versus Parker than the china chinned Price.

Comment

Price would probably beat Parker

Comment

lol of course Bob Arum isn't interested in making good fights. He's happy paying his guys big money to fight cans on HBO. Top Rank are by far the worst promotional company in boxing.

Parker and his team said they are interested in unifying with Wilder and Joshua, they've also shown interest in fighting Haye, Hughie Fury, Miller etc. All legit opponents. But of course this old **** is allergic to making legit fights.

Comment

David Price can bang really hard someone maybe needs to give Arum the memo on that one, that could be dangerous but it sounds like he has a plan to swerve the big guys from the way he was talking, I'd have much preferred seeing Parker Vs. Hughie Fury.

Comment

Signing with Arum was a BAD MOVE for a Heavyweight, he doesn't have much for Parker in the Heavyweight Division, he is going to end up fighting Ruiz like 3 times

Comment

Arum is only going to put him in fights with fighters signed to Top Rank, fighters he can get options on, or a rematch clause. That's the way Arum works. He got promotional rights to Parker to make the Ruiz fight. After Price expect to see Ruiz-Parker II. He'll feed a bum to Ruiz on the Parker-Price undercard & Ruiz will get a nice KO win then he'll start hyping the rematch. This is how Arum has operated for decades

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    I'd love to see David Price KO this overrated paper champion.
                    You don't like Parker ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                      You don't like Parker ?
                      I just think he's mediocre and overrated.

I thought Ruiz deserved to win their fight. I don't like boxers being given home decisions, it hurts the sport.

Wlad should have fought for the WBO, get a belt back for certain over Parker or Ruiz. And then maybe cash out against Joshua in a unification.

Comment

Working...
                      X