Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: At Some Point Kovalev Has To Own Up To His Loss!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    You simple azz haters are so butt hurt from Ward winning that you can't even understand what's happening here. Why the hell do you think both Ward and Kovalev did interviews with Fox Sports Live? To build the dang rematch up! Also, you dumb asses read a headline and get in your feelings like little girls but don't actually read the quotes. Ward says it's not right to play the nationality card after he's been living and earning a living in America for as long as Kovalev has. Close fight...Ward got the nod. Stop being a hater all your life.
    Ludicrous point to try and make.

An American gold medal winner against a Russian that happens to fight in America...yeah, that's completely the same.

70+% of people believe Kovalev won, yet not a single American judge saw that.

Comment

I've barely heard a word out of Kov since the initial aftermath. So I don't know what Ward is talking about. If anyone's been yapping too much, it's been him. Kovalev probably prefers to save all the talking, fighting and energy for the rematch.

Comment

This muthaphuka is working his way right out of the sport. Does this fool know that he got outlanded, dropped, marked all up and 75 or 85% of those who scored/saw the fight, thought Kovalev won? Never heard Ward talk so much after a fight, especially a win.....wonder why?

Because he knows he deserved to lose and he knows he's done for if he ever steps back into the ring with Kovalev again.

Last edited by mathed; 12-20-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Ludicrous point to try and make.

An American gold medal winner against a Russian that happens to fight in America...yeah, that's completely the same.

70+% of people believe Kovalev won, yet not a single American judge saw that.
          **** outta' here with that.

Comment

Spare a thought for Darleys Perez, because that was only robbery that took place on the card. He dished out a boxing lesson to Hooker and only got a freakin draw. The main event was just simply a close fight but the Perez vs Hooker scoring was nothing short of scandalous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Well Kovalev has said that the fight has shown him he needs to change things. So he's owning up to the performance even if he thinks he didn't lose.

Fighters never believe they lost fights like that anyway. It's part of what makes them fighters.
              He said that he knows that in the rematch, the fight can't go to the scorecards because he realizes that he is not an American, fighting an American in America with American judges and an American ref.

Originally posted by Kovalev
              "Of course [I'm going for a knockout in the rematch]. I now understand that if I do not knock him out - the victory can be robbed," Kovalev said.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                **** outta' here with that.
                [IMG]http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Joe-*****-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif[/IMG]

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/11/2...e-kovalev-ward

Comment

Ward would come off better if he was anxious for a rematch and ready to prove he deserves to be champ.
                  Ward should know he didn't look impressive in the fight, he may have eked out a close decision but there is no way he "took" the champ's title, in the sense of a dominant performance.
                  If the situation was reversed and he had lost a title on a close fight in Russia, I know Ward would never accept the decision as fair.

Comment

ward won 11-1. get over it. you dont win with a knockdown. OUTBOXERED!

Comment

I think deep down Ward doesn't believe he won.

He looked susprised when the decision was read out and now he's talking way too much. It's a bit like when a dumb person does something wrong and are too unintelligent to realise pleading innocence too much is making them seem more guilty.

The rematch needs to happen so Kovalev is right to keep saying he was robbed to keep people talking and pushing Ward for the rematch.
                      Last edited by deathofaclown; 12-20-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X