Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor is light years ahead of Floyd in PPV performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of what relevance is this this is a boxing forum to discuss boxing go post on sherdog to discuss UFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      No wonder you can't comprehend what I'm telling you. Conor' balls are stuck in your mouth. That post at the end was pure dick sucking.

You said Ronda helped Anderson's numbers because it was proven LATER that she would become a star. My point is that at that time no one knew who she was outside of the people who knew MMA. Rouseys career really blew up in 2014 and especially 2015. You can't call Miesha Tate, Holly Holm, and Wonderboy nobodies. Nearly all of those guys have had celebrities visit them before fights. Not just Conor. I've seen Lady Gaga visit Woodley, DiCaprio visit the Diaz's, and Holly Holm was on every talk show after her destruction of Rousey. So they are far from no names.

And Im not going to address the last post because it's pure fanboyism. If Conor wasn't with the UFC he would have still been the same person and all of those people would probably still not know who the hell he is. My original point is that the reason Conor's numbers at 28 are bigger than Floyd's numbers at 28 is because the UFC promoted him better than TopRank promoted Floyd. once Floyd left Top Rank he became the biggest Pay Per View Attraction in history.
      But we DO know that Rousey was a big star in the making NOW, and she even had a ton of media coverage about her then, so it's easier to say she helped bump up numbers for that PPV. THAT'S THE POINT. And those guys and gals you mentioned are no names to the general public, at least compared to Conor. Celebrities visiting them and being fans of them doesn't make them huge attractions.

And the stuff I said about Conor wasn't dick-sucking fanboyism, it was just the truth. Har har.

Comment

• Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
        But we DO know that Rousey was a big star in the making NOW, and she even had a ton of media coverage about her then, so it's easier to say she helped bump up numbers for that PPV. THAT'S THE POINT. And those guys and gals you mentioned are no names to the general public, at least compared to Conor. Celebrities visiting them and being fans of them doesn't make them huge attractions.

And the stuff I said about Conor wasn't dick-sucking fanboyism, it was just the truth. Har har.
        It doesn't matter now If Holly Holm KO'd Ronda back in 2013 she would not have blown up. At the time she was a "no name" to the mainstream as you like to put it. How the hell is Ronda a superstar but Holly Holm is still a no name after KOing Ronda? You can't say Ronda helped out cards but the person who beat her did not.
        Last edited by Johnwoo8686; 01-07-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X