No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I used mine all up lol. I think there should be more than 2 available to use, one year is so long. I'm gonna get to half the year with no multipliers left.
    I kinda like that aspect. Many of the leading players used their up. Those who waited get the advantage of easy picks like this.

That said, it does feel like we need one or two more because there's a lot more boxing in 1 year than I realized. Lol. I don't think Bob should change too much right now though. By the time 2018 comes around, I'm sure he'll have a real good feel for what works and what needs to be changed. If he makes too many changes as we go, those who take this thing too seriously will start throwing a bytch fit like someone did earlier today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I kinda like that aspect. Many of the leading players used their up. Those who waited get the advantage of easy picks like this.

That said, it does feel like we need one or two more because there's a lot more boxing in 1 year than I realized. Lol. I don't think Bob should change too much right now though. By the time 2018 comes around, I'm sure he'll have a real good feel for what works and what needs to be changed. If he makes too many changes as we go, those who take this thing too seriously will start throwing a bytch fit like someone did earlier today.
      I missed it, what happened, tell me..I wanna laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Fight #9 - Marco Huck vs Mairis Briedis
        https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=741419

Linares-Crolla II had 81 picks. If this thread falls well short of that number, considering how late the thread was put up, I won't count the picks in the rankings.
        just thought I'd ask, did the picks count?

I'm looking at the table and I don't think my points were added on for that fight so I assume the picks didn't count but I know there was a discussion on it which I didn't follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Ideally you use you 2x and 3x on underdogs that no one else picked but that you are confident about so you get the rare pick multiplier plus your 2x or 3x.

Comment

• So a lot of people have been asking if I am going to count the Huck-Briedis scores. I have decided that I will not be including those scores. This is despite that I would personally benefit from including them, as I picked Briedis by decision.

The reason I decided that is because I felt that it would be unfair for me to post up a thread fewer than 55 hours before the fight and expect everyone to be able to participate. I didn't want laziness on my own part to affect the outcome of the contest.

I put myself in the position of making a decision that would be guaranteed to be unpopular - either I'm a douche who gave everyone less than 55 hours notice or I'm a douche that retroactively decides to remove a fight from the contest.

So in the future, you should assume that all fight threads will be counted regardless of when they were put up. If I feel like it's getting too late to make a Pick 'Em thread for a fight, I just won't put it up at all.

I will still update the 'correct' and 'total' columns for the 70 people who made picks on time, I just will not update scores or ranks.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-05-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

So a lot of people have been asking if I am going to count the Huck-Briedis scores. I have decided that I will not be including those scores. This is despite that I would personally benefit from including them, as I picked Briedis by decision.

The reason I decided that is because I felt that it would be unfair for me to post up a thread fewer than 55 hours before the fight and expect everyone to be able to participate. I didn't want laziness on my own part to affect the outcome of the contest.

I put myself in the position of making a decision that would be guaranteed to be unpopular - either I'm a douche who gave everyone less than 55 hours notice or I'm a douche that retroactively decides to remove a fight from the contest.

So in the future, you should assume that all fight threads will be counted regardless of when they were put up. If I feel like it's getting to late too make a Pick 'Em thread for a fight, I just won't put it up at all.

I will still update the 'correct' and 'total' columns for the 70 people who made picks on time, I just will not update scores or ranks.
              Fair enough. Thanks again for doing all of this, you'll work out all the kinks as time goes on

Comment

• Bob your are da man doe lol

Comment

• Fair call. The tough thing about this one was not just that it went up late and people missed it, but that it's the type of fight where a lot of the ones who saw it on time still needed time to research since Briedis was relatively unknown.
                  Definitely a no-win for Bob but thx for doing all the work for the PickEm. The effort is appreciated.

Comment

- I will now be collecting picks in a poll. You will now only need to post in the pick 'em threads to indicate use of a 2X or 3X multiplier. Since there are now just 10 possible combos of fighter, method and detail for a pick, and considering great demand for a simplified pick process, this is what seems to make the most sense. This should make all of our lives simpler. I appreciate the patience so many of you have had with the pick format.
                    woo hoo, awesome, i hope this increases participation for you, I still kind of think the pick em could be merged with the RBR as people vote in a poll in that thread for very similar options, but maybe with only doing pickems for certain fights, it won't work
                    Last edited by TheCleaner; 04-07-2017, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• BrometheusBob. Why do I only have 1 2x? Do you by any chance keep records of this? If not, that's fine. Im not trying to make you dig thru a buncha posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X