No announcement yet.

Did Floyd scar boxing permanently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Promoters scarred the sport not Floyd. This includes Haymon. It doesnt matter wether you consider him a promoter or not.

EDIT: Actually, sanctioning bodies too.

EDIT: Might as well throw networks in there too.
    Your right it was Haymon when Floyd was asked whats next for him he would always say it's up to ( My Adviser Al Haymon ) this **** roach is the one who told Floyd nah man don't take that I'll get you more which he did but now ruined the sport no more do we get the best fighting the best We get the Best fighting bums

Comment

He hurt the sports' image badly, but not permanently. The sport will be fine, it's been through this before. I guess one can say that boxing is in a transition phase right now.

Comment

Trying to think of a reason why I would turn down $32 million guaranteed per fight .......

Nope, I got nuthin'

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          He ruined it but not for the reasons you mentioned.

But yeah, most fighters have a ******ed expectation of their worth, especially the Haymon guys.
          This autistic mofo here.

Comment

You can tell a lot of the guys in this thread are losers in their personal lives. Losers always look for one singular source to blame when things don't go their way.

People have been saying boxing was on the decline for years, long before Floyd was even a star. But sadly a lot of these boxing guys live in a bubble and are not aware of what is going in the real world.

The Mayweather Pacquiao rivalry is what gave boxing life support. It's the only fight people talked about for years all the while other boxers were trying to make a name for themselves. Once the fight happened, and it was the dud we all should have known it was going to be, people stopped caring.

The boxing media also hasn't helped matters either. They bash their own fighters for losing once while the MMA crowd praises guys with 10 losses on their record. You cant market a product successfully to the public if you continue to bash the product you are attempting to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              You can tell a lot of the guys in this thread are losers in their personal lives. Losers always look for one singular source to blame when things don't go their way.

People have been saying boxing was on the decline for years, long before Floyd was even a star. But sadly a lot of these boxing guys live in a bubble and are not aware of what is going in the real world.

The Mayweather Pacquiao rivalry is what gave boxing life support. It's the only fight people talked about for years all the while other boxers were trying to make a name for themselves. Once the fight happened, and it was the dud we all should have known it was going to be, people stopped caring.

The boxing media also hasn't helped matters either. They bash their own fighters for losing once while the MMA crowd praises guys with 10 losses on their record. You cant market a product successfully to the public if you continue to bash the product you are attempting to sell.

Comment

Working...
              X