Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time Klitschko fought someone as dangerous as Anthony Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time Klitschko fought someone as dangerous as Anthony Joshua?

The common theory seems to be that joshua can only win if Klitschko is shot.

You really have had 2 phases to klitschkos career

Phase one: a chinny giant with ko power who came forward. In this form he had three knockout losses, to Ross purity, Lamont Brewster and corrie sanders. Two of those opponents were the most dangerous he has EVER fought (sanders and prime brewster) the last time we saw this Wlad he got knocked down three times by Sam Peter, who is a short, fat, stationary guy with good power. At this point people were calling for him to retire.

Phase two: Manny steward Wlad. This version adopted a new style which was to keep out of range and work off the jabs, taking no unnecessary risks. And fighting almost exclusivley vastly physically inferior opponents. During this time I can identify only two dangerous opponents.

David Haye: who at 6'2" was dwarfed by klitschko, and fought extremely negatively, never testing klitschkos chin.

Alexander Povetkin: who again at 6'2" was dwarfed by klitschko, and it was a fight marred by a ridiculous amount of clinching and leaning by klitschko.

Obviously we need to mention tyson fury. He can't punch at all, but he beat Wlad at his own game (distance and jab, size advantage) fairly easily. Which has to be a concern as to Wlads lack of ideas.

Point is, when was the last time Klitschko fought a guy with these attributes:

Same height
    Same weight
    Same reach
    Athletic
    One hit ko power
    Young fast, aggressive starter
    Fighting at home
    As strong as klitschko

I'd say never.

I think some people's dislike of the hype around joshua is creeping in. I have been a supporter of Wlad at times, TX other times he has disappointed me.

But I genuinely feel, as long as joshua doesn't have a truly terrible chin, he is a HORRIBLE match up for wlad, with the attributes listed above.

People talk about this wealth of experience Wlad has, but let's not pretend the vast bulk of his record isn't made up of Alex Leapis, francesco planetas and Eddie chambers. These guys are nowhere NEAR as dangerous as AJ is (I know aj resume is shallow too but we are talking about Wlad here)

Your argument?

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
    The common theory seems to be that joshua can only win if Klitschko is shot.

You really have had 2 phases to klitschkos career

Phase one: a chinny giant with ko power who came forward. In this form he had three knockout losses, to Ross purity, Lamont Brewster and corrie sanders. Two of those opponents were the most dangerous he has EVER fought (sanders and prime brewster) the last time we saw this Wlad he got knocked down three times by Sam Peter, who is a short, fat, stationary guy with good power. At this point people were calling for him to retire.

Phase two: Manny steward Wlad. This version adopted a new style which was to keep out of range and work off the jabs, taking no unnecessary risks. And fighting almost exclusivley vastly physically inferior opponents. During this time I can identify only two dangerous opponents.

David Haye: who at 6'2" was dwarfed by klitschko, and fought extremely negatively, never testing klitschkos chin.

Alexander Povetkin: who again at 6'2" was dwarfed by klitschko, and it was a fight marred by a ridiculous amount of clinching and leaning by klitschko.

Obviously we need to mention tyson fury. He can't punch at all, but he beat Wlad at his own game (distance and jab, size advantage) fairly easily. Which has to be a concern as to Wlads lack of ideas.

Point is, when was the last time Klitschko fought a guy with these attributes:

Same height
    Same weight
    Same reach
    Athletic
    One hit ko power
    Young fast, aggressive starter
    Fighting at home
    As strong as klitschko

I'd say never.

I think some people's dislike of the hype around joshua is creeping in. I have been a supporter of Wlad at times, TX other times he has disappointed me.

But I genuinely feel, as long as joshua doesn't have a truly terrible chin, he is a HORRIBLE match up for wlad, with the attributes listed above.

People talk about this wealth of experience Wlad has, but let's not pretend the vast bulk of his record isn't made up of Alex Leapis, francesco planetas and Eddie chambers. These guys are nowhere NEAR as dangerous as AJ is (I know aj resume is shallow too but we are talking about Wlad here)

Your argument?
    Tyson fury
    End thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
      Tyson fury
      End thread
      You didn't read the thread, pissant

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
        You didn't read the thread, pissant
        Didn't need to
        I answered the thread question
        Anyway I said
        End thread
        The god has spoken

Comment

Never. Joshua will be way too much for Klitschko. Even worse than prime Tyson for old Holmes.

Comment

Wladimir has never fought anyone as good as Joshua. Wladimir will get blasted out.

Comment

Never.

Joshua can match him in physical size and is faster, he's also pretty skilled and can knock guys cold with one punch.

People dislike Joshua, but the guy is big time.

Comment

Bump for americans

Comment

Wlad is getting KTFO. He knows it. Joshua knows it. We know it. And soon the whole world will know it.

Comment

His last fight. Which to be fair he lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X