Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard's not retiring yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On one hand I want to defend him and point out how recently he was beating world titlists, how I don't believe fighters go from that level to "shot" overnight. Every fight is different.

On the other hand, he is almost 50 years old, owns stake in GBP, not sure what the point is anymore. It's one of those cases where there's simply no point to keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      51+ years old bitter Hopkins who just came from a knockout loss vs a mentally ******ed Taylor. Make it happen..

It will be fun..

Comment

He sounded pretty clear about it in his post fight interview...even when pressed by Kellerman he said he was retired. I think he understands and it will become even clearer to him over the next few days. It would be crazy and this last fight should have never happened...nor the Kovalev fight for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          On one hand I want to defend him and point out how recently he was beating world titlists, how I don't believe fighters go from that level to "shot" overnight. Every fight is different.

On the other hand, he is almost 50 years old, owns stake in GBP, not sure what the point is anymore. It's one of those cases where there's simply no point to keep going.
          It's just too damn old. You reach the point where your body physically can't do it anymore, hell it dramatically stops producing testosterone as much in your 40s, even 30s. 50+ is just too much and that's whay I was afraid of. What he did in his 40s was amazing and had never been done before quite like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            that was my reaction to the KO...

Comment

Im so sorry for Bernard. He looks pretty good even with his old age so, i hope he'll be back and fight against some weak lightheavyweight fighter. He deserves to finish his career with a win. Please complete your job Legend! Too much respect Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                I doubt they would give him a boxing liscense anywhere after that
                Sadly, I am sure some shady commission somewhere would grant him a license. He'd still be a draw.

But he really should retire.

Comment

he needs to let the pride go from this loss and ride off to the next phase. He's over 50, has money, has fame, part owner of a major promotion, has a gig with HBO, it's not worth taking another beating. Don't want to see him fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post

Almost 50??? he will be 52 next month

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                      Almost 50??? he will be 52 next month
                      My bad. Can't believe it's been that long since the Kovalev fight. Time flies. Basically already did retire then came back.

Comment

Working...
                      X