Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN BREAKING NEWS: CANELO-CHAVEZ JR for MAY 6!! Waiting for JR to ACCEPT!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

168 for Chavez Jr or Froch, 164 for Ward

154 for Mayweather, 160 for Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      All this talk and yet GBP/Canelo are the only ones who have made an official offer to fight - which GGG REJECTED. In other words Sanchez and the Khazakh have talked a lot of **** without ever having even made an offer, but you (and countless others on this board) defend those jokes as if they've been making offers all the while. They were offered the fight by Gomez/DLH and they turned it down.

Meanwhile GGG is slated to fight Brone what? at the full 160 because he cannot concede 1 pound despite require opponents to concede 13 or 20.Who?

I wonder if you are legally ******ed or just functionally dat english

Last edited by Chrismart; 12-14-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        They're complaining because this will delay a fight with Golovkin. Not saying that's the point of the Chavez fight but we were promised September 2017.
        They're talking about this happening in May tho, not Sept

Comment

Not a great fight but a smart business move. Canelo/Chavez Jr. is just as, if not more, marketable than Canelo/GGG to the mainstream audience. Put it in Vegas or Cowboy stadium on Cinco de Drinko and you will see a lot of casuals buy the fight. This fight was talked about a lot when Canelo moved up to 154 and Chavez Jr. was a champion at 160. Canelo and GBP pay a guy half of what GGG was offered and they have potentially just as much if not more PPV buy potential. If its in TX I would go. Canelo would clown that bum and give hi the ass whipping his daddy should have a long time ago.

Comment

Got to say, i don't like Chavez's chance s of making weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              I'll put down massive $$ JCC Jr. fails to make weight Guy is such an amateur at just about everything...can't make weight, can't win tuneups, can't take post-fight drug tests, can't show up for practice on time, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                If I was Chavez, Id agree to 165 and then come in 3 pounds overweight at 168 and fork over a hot milly for the chance to win this fight. THIS IS A FIGHT that COMPLETELY turns around Jrs legacy in one instance, if JR beats Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  They're talking about this happening in May tho, not Sept
                  Assuming this fight happens in May, you really think the Golovkin fight would happen in September? Typically at this level they fight once every 6 months. But I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if the fight happened in November instead of September.

Comment

Will Canelo be in a real fight again?

Khan, Smith, Chavez Jr? Wtf? He's really trying to compete with GGG's Dominic Wade/Kell Brook 2016 year. Chavez Jr is a good start if he wants to beat out GGG's resume of whack fighters

I mean I understand Canelo and GGG promoters have verbally agreed to fight September 2017, but do they have to fight such bad opponents while we wait?

Comment

this fight sells more on PPV than canelo/ggg

bidness man doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X