Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BREAKING VIDEO] MAYWEATHER: "I WILL SLAP THE **** out OF MCGREGOR when I SEE HIM!!!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    This guy gets it. Yeah, he might slap the sh it out Conor, but he's going to make sure that 7' Forrest Whitaker looking muh fu©ka isn't far away
    LMAO, Forrest Whitaker.......classic. You know damn well that Whitaker don't play no games either.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
      Again with this 'push' stuff. Like I already said, the organization getting behind you and promoting you is beneficial and almost necessary, but that's only one part of the equation. You have to have talent and charisma to get over with the audience and that part is all down to the individuals, not the company. If all it took was strong promotion in order to become that kind of mainstream level star, there'd be a whole lot more of them than just McGregor and Rousey since I'm pretty sure the UFC would love to have as many huge moneymakers as possible. But of course your dumb-a*s will never understand or admit that.
      You really don't know much about promotion do you? A lot of UFC fighters have been critical of McGregor and have exclaimed on multiple occasions that he is big because of the push he is getting. You seem to think Conor did it all on his own when that simply isn't the case.

And the UFC has had plenty of stars. I named several of them in an earlier post but you seem to forget that.
      McGregor has been fighting since 2008 but you only heard about him until a year ago. Ask yourself why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        You really don't know much about promotion do you? A lot of UFC fighters have been critical of McGregor and have exclaimed on multiple occasions that he is big because of the push he is getting. You seem to think Conor did it all on his own when that simply isn't the case.

And the UFC has had plenty of stars. I named several of them in an earlier post but you seem to forget that.
        McGregor has been fighting since 2008 but you only heard about him until a year ago. Ask yourself why that is.
        Yeah, that's called egotism and jealousy... Believing that the only thing stopping them from being as big as McGregor is the company not getting behind them, when everyone who has a brain in their skull (read: not you) knows that's not how it works. At least with Cerrone, he admitted it.

And yes, I'm aware that the UFC has had plenty of stars. It should have been extremely clear I was talking about modern day in my last post.

And enough with the godd*mn "No one knew who he was before last year" point. It's terrible and I've always answered it plenty of times, in nearly every post.

Comment

this **** starting to sound staged. i think floyd / mcgregor have a secret agreement to 'pretend' to scuffle next time they see each other to build a big PPV event

Comment

Yeah, that's called egotism and jealousy... Believing that the only thing stopping them from being as big as McGregor is the company not getting behind them, when everyone who has a brain in their skull (read: not you) knows that's not how it works. At least with Cerrone, he admitted it.

And yes, I'm aware that the UFC has had plenty of stars. It should have been extremely clear I was talking about modern day in my last post.

And enough with the godd*mn "No one knew who he was before last year" point. It's terrible and I've always answered it plenty of times, in nearly every post.
            OK, you are clearly a fanboy. So if other fighters say he's a star because of the push hes getting it's only because they are jealous? Nice cop out .

And promotion from the UFC is how a lot of it works. You have the most powerful promotional entity getting behind you. Conor didn't even have to move up the ranks to get a title fight at 155, he was simply given the opportunity. If he had to earn his stripes like everyone else who knows where he would be. That's not to say he is not a good fighter because he is but he has been given a lot of opportunities because he brought in the Irish fan base which equated to extra revenue for the UFC.

And NO, you did not explain why Conor was basically a nobody until a year ago despite fighting for 8 years!

All in All the UFC did a better job promoting Conor than Top Rank did promoting Floyd. As soon as Floyd left Top Rank he became a star almost overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
              HE FOUGHT ALL OF THEM past their prime.

He fought Oscar at 34 years old

He fought Mosley at 39 years old

he fought Cotto NOT IN 2008 when the fight was hot but in 2012 after MARGARITO and PACQUIAO had given him horrible beatings at 32 years of age

And he fought Pacquiao 5 years after his prime (2010) in 2015, after Pac had been KOd by Marquez and no longer looked anywhere near the destructive Pac of old.

Don't be such a fool man, its crazy how people forget circumstances and remember names lol. Floyd knows knows fans are dumb and knows how to fool them.
              Pacquiao fought those two fighters when they were past their prime as well.

Comment

Its this the start of the buildup to this fight? Do Cenalo/GGG have to move from the Sept date?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                  OK, you are clearly a fanboy. So if other fighters say he's a star because of the push hes getting it's only because they are jealous? Nice cop out .

And promotion from the UFC is how a lot of it works. You have the most powerful promotional entity getting behind you. Conor didn't even have to move up the ranks to get a title fight at 155, he was simply given the opportunity. If he had to earn his stripes like everyone else who knows where he would be. That's not to say he is not a good fighter because he is but he has been given a lot of opportunities because he brought in the Irish fan base which equated to extra revenue for the UFC.

And NO, you did not explain why Conor was basically a nobody until a year ago despite fighting for 8 years!

All in All the UFC did a better job promoting Conor than Top Rank did promoting Floyd. As soon as Floyd left Top Rank he became a star almost overnight.
                  Well, he did earn his shot at the Featherweight Title. He demolished every opponent he fought and then KO'ed Aldo of all people in 13 seconds. Yeah, he was gifted a shot at the Lightweight belt, but if he defends it a few times successfully against quality opposition, then it won't matter.

Beyond that, I've already owned you enough on your other points enough times, so I'll just tap out here.

Comment

Only thing Floyd will be slapping is Conor's forearm after being unsuccessful in getting Conor to release the choke from taps.

"Wut were u gonna do, Floyd? Nuttin. You'll do fookin nuttin."

Comment

Well, he did earn his shot at the Featherweight Title. He demolished every opponent he fought and then KO'ed Aldo of all people in 13 seconds. Yeah, he was gifted a shot at the Lightweight belt, but if he defends it a few times successfully against quality opposition, then it won't matter.

Beyond that, I've already owned you enough on your other points enough times, so I'll just tap out here.
                      You haven't owned anything lol. You even admitted he was gifted a title shot. It's well known Dana signed him without even seeing him fight and the first few guys he faced in the UFC weren't even ranked. I give him credit for beating Aldo though and believe Conor is a 5 top pound for pound guy.

But saying he is big simply due to his own merits is not entirely true.

Comment

Working...
                      X