Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will AJ-Klit crown a new lineal Heavyweight champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will AJ-Klit crown a new lineal Heavyweight champion?

It's already for the IBF, IBO and WBA Super. It's going to be funny when some chump wins the regular WBA.

Klit was a dominant lineal champion for so long, and AJ is currently the top dog in the division. Who better to face off for the vacant lineal?

it should be

Comment

yeah, that make sense.

Comment

I think there are other guys that need to be dealt with, I don't think it is clear cut 1 vs 2 so to me no. Because right now there is no number 1, I can't have Wlad at 1 off that performance against Fury, and I am not putting Joshua one based of his impressive looking wins against mediocre opposition.

The winner would be clear number 1 but they would then have to fight whoever number 2 is to really establish a new lineage.

Comment

Fury is top dog. Still undefeated and had to be stripped.

Comment

Not clear cut #1 and #2 in the division, can't be lineal.

Need for the winner of AJ v Klitschko to face off against Fury if you want a lineal title.

Comment

How is Joshua top 2?

Even without Fury you have Wilder and Povetkin having better win(s).

You cant just go on eye test when establishing lineage imo. They need to have the wins under their belt

Comment

Wlad is #1 and Joshua is #3 so that's as close as you get to lineal fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  Wlad is #1 and Joshua is #3 so that's as close as you get to lineal fight
                  How is Wlad #1 when he lost his last fight? WTF?

#1 Fury
                  #2 Wlad
                  #3 Wilder or Povetkin
                  #4 Joshua

#2 vs #4 does not make you lineal no matter how much you like AJ.

And rankings don't mean that AJ is worse than Wlad, Wilder or Povetkin. It just means those 3 fighters have done more in the division and deserve a higher ranking.

Comment

example #894085 of why lineal is even less meaningful than any alphabet belt

the lineage has been broken 1000 times and we just decide on a fresh lineage arbitrarily

Comment

Working...
                    X