Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward says, a Sergey Kovalev rematch must make sense first. What does that mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Ward doesnt want a rematch, simple as. Unless he gets paid even more than the ridiculous sum he was paid last time. He knows thats unlikely so no rematch. No Stevenson.

expect Ward v Clevery, probably sold as a unification
    LOL. Man, that's gonna suck if that happens. Ward will be forever shunned and rightly so. Or he might just put it off for a while. Either way, if he does so, I wouldn't be surprised if he got stripped of at least one of the belts.

Comment

When your fight is controversial , nothing makes more sense to set the record straight.

Everyone agress there should be an immediate rematch . Its even contractually obligated.

This obviously means ward has doubts.

Most think he lost and he doesn yt? Wanna right that wrong...

Quack Quack

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        At least Mayweather would rematch opponents that people felt were very close i.e Maidana and Castillo. He could have taken those wins and ran with them but he got back in.
        I dont agree with mayweather on a lot, but I believe both castillo and maidana beat him, but everyone who knows me knows I always say "to floyds credit he rematched both immediately and won fair anf square in the rematches. .

Ward is soft man

Comment

screw ward then.kov should get stevensons belt.

Comment

Andre "Son of Kov" Ward don't want it. He knows what's up. If he gets in that ring again he's getting his ass beat down.

Hopefully Duva makes this mother****er's life miserable if he for some reason weasels out of the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              What a b*tch move that would be.

Froch
              Dawson
              Kovalev
              Abraham
              Kessler
              Green
              Miranda

Not to mention fans are hating him after the biggest win of his career even though he's had minimal fights in the last 3 years

I don't blame him from being upset from all the criticism even though many people knew it would happen based off history.

That said, Ward shouldn't retire, but if he were too, he'd go down as a HOF'er and one of the best of his generation

Comment

QUACK QUACK. not HOF, NOT an ATG.
                Boxing history will remember him as the "SOG' that turn to "SON of gift" that retire. too little heart

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                  QUACK QUACK. not HOF, NOT an ATG.
                  Boxing history will remember him as the "SOG' that turn to "SON of gift" that retire. too little heart
                  Bad news Mr. Stupidity, Ward will be a HOFer and an ATG. I find it entertaining that you criticize Ward with his exceptional resume but ball gag g string who's kicking 35 in the azz and has fought exactly ZERO quality opponents despite having many opportunities to do so. How's that reporting me to the mods as an alt going?

Comment

Other than Kovalev fans who can't see the forest for the trees, I don't think there are 10 boxing fans in the world who care if Andre Ward fights a rematch with Kovalev.

Duva supposedly has an ironclad contract that requires an immediate rematch. If that is true, Ward has to either fight Kovalev next or retire. I am absolutely certain that no one will shed any tears if Ward decides to retire.

I became a fan of Ward during the Super 6 tournament because I saw his as a true competitor who was willing to fight anyone. However, things have changed since then and, just like every other champion fighting today, he is picking and choosing his opponents very carefully and that bothers me.

If Ward retires, I don't care. If he fights Kovalev again, I don't care. All I can say for sure is I will never pay a dime to see a fight between Ward and Kovalev, or a fight featuring any other active fighter because I think all of them are gutless cowards.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      Bad news Mr. Stupidity, Ward will be a HOFer and an ATG. I find it entertaining that you criticize Ward with his exceptional resume but ball gag g string who's kicking 35 in the azz and has fought exactly ZERO quality opponents despite having many opportunities to do so. How's that reporting me to the mods as an alt going?
                      Becoming a HOFer is not an accomplishment in boxing. Among those included in the boxing HOF are Arturo Gatti, Johnny Tapia and Sylvester Stallone. This should tell you what a joke the boxing HOF is.

Comment

Working...
                      X