Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was very close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward lost plain and simple. Its one of those fights that no matter how close you think it was, you still know Kov won it. Like Floyd-Maidana. No matter how close you scored it, it was clear Floyd won. Yall are Wards number one fans saying he won it, and you guys want to talk about agendas and bias... lol I was rooting for Ward and picked him to outbox Kov, and I was wrong. Dont be a bunch of stans.

Comment

I smell some agenda here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
        I smell some agenda here.
        You're right.

It's called "The Truth".

It was close.

And the 3 judges had the best seats in the house.
        Last edited by koolkc107; 12-07-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

You can look at all those that gave Kovalev the win and the rounds they gave to Ward was quite different amongst them all. Some gave Ward rounds that others didn't. That's what a close fight looks like. If you want to look at the numbers. Kovalev out-landed Ward by 10 punches in the fight, but that mostly came from the 2nd round where he out-landed Ward by 13, his next best round was by 5 in round 10. This shows that throughout the entire fight BOTH guys did not separate themselves from each other, meaning it was a close fight and it came down to how people judge fights which has always been inconsistent among fans and judges.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            You're right.

It's called "The Truth".

It was close.

And the 3 judges had the best seats in the house.
            That's called home cooking. American referee, American venue, american judges and even with the facts and evidence based on stats and the boxing standard on how to win rounds which Ward failed miserably to stand out, you still kept on muttering "They fought in an even playing field." You just can't admit it that your guy lost and just sweep on the judges decision and pretend a robbery never happened because it was your favorite fighter that won the fight.

You people don't want to debate how the round goes and just keep on muttering "There are lot of close rounds, it could have gone either way." and then giving all close rounds to Andre Ward.

You don't post facts and evidence, on the criteria of ring general ship, effective punching. You don't even count the facts how many times Ward low blowed kovalev. All you say is "You don't know **** about boxing." or "Dumb Casual" when you yourselves sound like a clown, pretending to be a boxing analyst. When your opponent presents facts, you just completely ignore it and sweep on to the comment seciton.

Comment

You're right in that the fight was not a robbery, and it was very close. However the reason a lot of people are upset is because if you look at virtually any measure, it looks like Ward got the benefit of the doubt in every close round. Punch stats show that Kovalev was busier fighter and landed more punches.

Watching it live, I scored the fight a draw. There were some close rounds.. if I gave all of them to Kov, he would have won by 3. If I gave all close rounds to Ward, he won by 1 (which was the official decision).

It's this judging that's coming into question - that Ward did not deserve every benefit of the doubt. After thinking about it, there are two main things that influenced the judges (IMO):
              1) Crowd was very pro-Ward. The oohs and aahs released with every punch Ward even kind of landed, as well as Kovalev's inside work going unnoticed had an effect on the judges.
              2) Ward did better in the second half of the fight. But as some posters pointed out, doing better does not mean you won the round. I think I was guilty of this when watching and scoring the fight live. Watching the first 3 rounds in which Ward was getting physically dominated and outclassed, especially after the knockdown, I felt bad for Ward and started looking to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Out of all the fights that got scored a draw this year, this is the one that truly deserved it. It should have been a draw. I don't take anyone seriously who's strutting around saying that Ward won or Kovalev won. I'm not giving either guy credit for it, and the rematch will tell us everything we actually need to know. Either Ward outclasses Kovalev clearly or Kovalev will put an absolute beating on Ward.

Comment

Some fans are in denial I'm honestly shocked how their are so many awful fans on this board who can't bring some honesty to the debates I'm not saying that all Ward fans have been dishonest but there has been a lot of awful fanboying on here some of the worst fanboys have came from the Ward/Floyd camp.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  Some posters have taken to citing the press row scoring in the Ward vs Kovalev fight as proof the judges got it wrong.

"Look how many scored it for Kovalev" they say.

What they aren't also mentioning is how close everyone had it.

44 ringside observers (press, experts, etc) saw Kovalev winning. Of those 44:

20 had it 115-112 (meaning they had it 7 rounds to 5 Sergei).

3 had it 115-113 (meaning they gave 6 rounds to Sergei, 5 to Ward and had one even with the KD creating the extra point difference).

14 had it 114-113 (meaning they gave each fighter 6 rounds).

How can anyone interpret this as anything else but as a very close bout?

And, knowing it was THAT close, shouldn't it make sense that the judges might have seen things that escaped viewers with a slightly poorer vantage point?

After all, in another thread it was pointed out how Lampley was seeing missed punches as landed ones. Clearly, others could have made similar mistakes.

Citing the many press row scores is actually proof of exactly how close it was.

Proof that the decision WAS NOT a robbery.
                  Proof that it was a robbery is that the majority of boxing experts had Kovalev winning (70+%) but not even one of the official judges had Kovalev winning. Period.

Roy Jones jr: "I love Ward man, but we gotta keep it real, Kovalev won".

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Proof that it was a robbery is that the majority of boxing experts had Kovalev winning (70+%) but not even one of the official judges had Kovalev winning. Period.

Roy Jones jr: "I love Ward man, but we gotta keep it real, Kovalev won".
                    They also ignore us when we demand from them a round by round detailed analysis on how they scored the fight because they knew that Ward didn't win. We give them round by round analysis and they blatantly ignored it.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      You woman beater, you!

But seriously, I'm more mad at Floyd for having that damn needle in his arm than for beating that woman. We need to remember these guys aren't saints or role models, they're dudes that punch each other in the face for a living. The spousal abuse tarnishes him as a person, the IV scandal tarnishes him as a boxer. As a boxing fan, I'm more interested in him as a boxer.

And to be fair, Manny defrauded us all as well with that shoulder injury crap. Don't go signing the paper saying everything's all good, then cry like a b itch when you get your ass schooled in the ring. (Even if some people say Manny won if you watch in slow motion with the sound off). It's good to have boxers that have integrity and are good role models, but we need to keep everything in perspective. They fight for a living, they're not our mayor or our preacher.
                      People automatically want to place celebrities on a pedestal and label them role models for whatever reason. But they fail to realize they're just human beings like us. Some of those 'role models' are heavily into drugs too living the Hollywood life. The role model should be a parent or someone in the family. Not a damn stranger with cash.

Comment

Working...
                      X