Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrales not in the hall yet Gatti has been in for years died the same year WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a ton of fighters that deserve to be there but aren't. The problem is if they don't make it in the first time they're eligible they get forgotten about until a weak year comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      chico wasn't a star but he embodied what it means to be a hall of famer...he never quit, gave his all, championship skills, exciting fights, world class skills, comeback wins

imo he should be a hall of famer.....that era from late 90s-2005 was one of the deepest eras ever at 130-135
      I don't rate him as hof material, but wouldn't be mad if he got in...especially considering some other questionable inductees. That's the problem when fringe guys start getting inducted...it starts never ending aruments for other less accomplished fighters being inducted based on comparison to past inductees, then the whole thing becomes watered down.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        The fight is certainly not underrated unless you were talking about Chico being underrated.
        Yeah, I was talking about Chico being underrated. Sorry about being unclear.

chico is underrated because of the way he lost to mayweather, peoples disdain for mayweather.

People try to downplay how Good mayweather was because it makes Mayweathers career wins seem more impressive...its pretty pathetic
        Exactly, people act like all the subjective evidence (statistics) don't point to Floyd being an ATG.

Just because he's an assh*le doesn't mean he wasn't great at what he did.

His performance against Chico could've been his most impressive.

Comment

I love Corralles but the OP is clearly on lets make frauds legacy appear to be solid agenda. Wont work son.

Comment

this is pathetic...chico deserves it...2 weight champion...many exciting fights, arguably won the greatest come back in boxing history and lightweight title fight

had great power, heart and very good skills

The IBHOF should just be called the popularity hall of fame
            Well it is called the hall of fame and isn't fame popularity? I think most on here agree that Gatti shouldn't be there, but as far as fame, he was pretty famous in his day. Corrales wasn't as famous and I mean, a two weight champion? There are so many of those now that if that's the criteria, the hall is going to be overloaded and required to build a much bigger facility for such a huge hall. I'm not saying he didn't have some good fights and his first fight with Castillo was a classic. By the same token, I wouldn't put Castillo in there either. Vinny Pazienza was a two weight champion as well, but I wouldn't put him in either. Of course, this is all up to the official Canastota people anyway. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
              I love Corralles but the OP is clearly on lets make frauds legacy appear to be solid agenda. Wont work son.
              This. I believe the main motivation for saying guys like Corrales and Hernandez being in there is to boost Floyd's legacy and nothing else. If Corrales deserves it, then so do a ton of other fighters who accomplished just as much. Judah should definitely get in if this happens. Oh wait. That would be another Floyd opponent. Ha.

Comment

this is pathetic...chico deserves it...2 weight champion...many exciting fights, arguably won the greatest come back in boxing history and lightweight title fight

had great power, heart and very good skills

The IBHOF should just be called the popularity hall of fame
                Corrales is a latino male in the USA. Do the math my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                  This. I believe the main motivation for saying guys like Corrales and Hernandez being in there is to boost Floyd's legacy and nothing else. If Corrales deserves it, then so do a ton of other fighters who accomplished just as much. Judah should definitely get in if this happens. Oh wait. That would be another Floyd opponent. Ha.
                  No doubt about it.

Floyds resume/legacy is so horrible they need to play boxing politics to enhance it.....even a little tiny bit.

doesnt help doe, floyd's thrash legacy is sealed because he was scared ****less

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                    No doubt about it.

Floyds resume/legacy is so horrible they need to play boxing politics to enhance it.....even a little tiny bit.

doesnt help doe, floyd's thrash legacy is sealed because he was scared ****less
                    Yeah, I break it down like this. He did well when he was Pretty Boy Floyd. He took some chances, and as we saw, he got some tough fights. But it was fun none the less, even the Castillo fight where many thought he lost. Many thought he lost to DLH, but he still took the fight and it was close, although I had DLH winning as well. How does a guy lying on the ropes take the fight without landing anything really damaging. Ali did with Rope a Dope but he got a KO. Nuff said.

The Money Floyd, though, took little risk, bored audiences to tears and had a pretty flat run in many ways. An old Mosley never hurt Pac or even Canelo at all and was soundly beaten. I never have figured out how no one comments on this. Pac and Canelo dominated him without any resistance. Floyd had major problems at first. And of course, he beat Canelo sure enough, but Canelo was green as hell and as a counterpuncher, Canelo was tailor made for him. He beat Maidana supposedly, but I don't really see why. Maidana pressed the action and made the fight and did win the first fight IMO. Of course, it was a close fight, as all the Ward fans shouted as soon as he fought Kovalev, but did the deserving fighter win? Not so much. Then he FINALLY gave us the Pac fight which was a dud and he made great money, but did he deliver anything great? Definitely not.

And now the Guerreros and Ortiz's and Bertos are looking toward bum careers where they'll never reach HOF status. So what to do? Try to spin things to where the Pretty Boy opponents should definitely be in there to save a guy's legacy who wouldn't take a chance. It's obvious and getting old and well, blame Floyd. He's the one who wouldn't take a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Corrales is a latino male in the USA. Do the math my dude.
                      Haha. When you have nothing else, play the social justice card. Loaded, what's gotten into you? Really.

Comment

Working...
                      X