Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute vs. Eleider Alvarez Set For February 25, Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Beterbiev is positioned to become the mandatory challenger for the IBF, WBA, or WBO 175lb belts; with the path forward being what it is, the possible Ward-Stevenson unification fight should position Beterbiev to get a chance to win all of the belts in a single fight.

Beterbiev fights just before Christmas, will likely have another fight come Mar/Apr 2017, will take off the early summer for Ramadan, will possibly have another fight by the Fall, and will then be eyeing his shot at the Ward-Stevenson winner by early 2018.
    michel wouldnt feed beterbiev to kovalev, but fans think he'll feed him to stevenson...face it that guy is a prospect that hasnt fought anyone that has him ready for these guys..he'll get his chilemba level opponent first...until then just watch as he still doesnt speak a word about the top dogs

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
      i see it as alvarez taking an easy money fight instead of a hard money fights...we have to face it..today belts mean nothing if the money is better elsewhere.
      he should to be a 6 to 1 fave
      fair enough.

Comment

I'll tell you that much, people LOOOOVE Lucian Bute over here.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          I'll tell you that much, people LOOOOVE Lucian Bute over here.
          boxing needs to give up on love..if it wasnt for this crap we'd be having the fight we want stevenson vs alvarez

..bute doesnt deserve this damn shot at all..or maybe im being too harsh

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
            i dont see how boxing fans dont see it..alvarez is old himself...he likely to lose to stevenson..if and when he does he gts no fights after..his promoter is throwin him bute as a bone..U SEE THAT ALVAREZ AGREED RIGHT? meaning he likes the fight and understands his position..

did u all see the cuban getting huge fights after losing to ward? nope..same would happen with alvarez...maximize his dollar prior to stevenson by wagering his positiion as teh mando to anyone he fights...

this is nearly pascal kov, but to a worse degree, all over again...the popular fighter using his popularity to gain a position that he really hasn't earned.
            If he loses it would hardly have been a good decision. Yunieski Gonzalez fought Shabranskyy after Pascal and lost. My comment, and most others wasn't about Alvarez, it was about Stevenson and the mandatory situation. Alvarez became mandatory last November, Stevenson fought once in 2016, he was supposed to be fighting Alvarez next. Stevenson needs to fight someone credible. at this rate there may not be a credible opponent for him until March at the earliest. Is he going to wait to fight Alvarez in late spring or summer? If so then Stevenson, Alvarez, Haymon and Michel are conspiring to hold the belt hostage.

Comment

Stevenson is 39 years old and hasn't fought a top contender since Fonfara, over 2 years ago. Alvarez at least earned a shot, so wtf...

Comment

GYM are desperately trying to make Alvarez seem like a big fight for Stevenson when in fact he's no better than Chilemba who was a tune-up for Kovalev

If there can still be no unification, then Stevenson needs to face someone like Beterbiev, Gvozdyk or Shabranskyy next year. Otherwise what is the point of his career

Comment

The real mystery is why people still make a big deal out of stevenson or expect anything from him. He is 39-40 years old and has had one or two noteworthy fights in his career. Do you think he's gonna suddenly "get serious about this boxing thing" at 41?

It's over. The convicted pedo took your money, ducked every top fighter in his division and is cruising to the finish line.

Comment

Hopefully this will be the last time that Bute gets recycled.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                      If he loses it would hardly have been a good decision. Yunieski Gonzalez fought Shabranskyy after Pascal and lost. My comment, and most others wasn't about Alvarez, it was about Stevenson and the mandatory situation. Alvarez became mandatory last November, Stevenson fought once in 2016, he was supposed to be fighting Alvarez next. Stevenson needs to fight someone credible. at this rate there may not be a credible opponent for him until March at the earliest. Is he going to wait to fight Alvarez in late spring or summer? If so then Stevenson, Alvarez, Haymon and Michel are conspiring to hold the belt hostage.
                      did u hear wat u just said?? fought SHABRANKSYY..u act as if that is the right fight to be in for no title lol..I LIKE THE FIGHT AS A FAN..but if u're a boxer u really think shabransky is the fight u wanna be placed in after a loss and for no title..and on top of that that is the total opposite side of the fence in boxing hbo/showtime

..as far as the mando part..the mando is the one who signed not to fight the champion but some other fighters..he isnt petitioning the wbc..he has article out saying he wants more experience..
                      so u really think he's being held hostage now? he's in an easir fight and likely going to be a sell out crowd bc of bute..he's about to get paid well for a fight he shouldnt lose

Comment

Working...
                      X