Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook In Training Camp For Spence Fight!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news! 50/50

Comment

I am glad he is fighting Spence but I will never again take what Brook says seriously. Leading up to his fight with GGG he said making 147 was killing him and making him much weaker in the ring than he should have been. He said he was so hungry and weak during training that he had trouble sleeping and it was pure hell making 147. Now he returns to 147 by choice. I expect Spence to win by KO and If so I hope Brook won't use being weak at 147 as an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Victories over two UFC champs. MMA doesn't have world champs. The best don't fight the best in MMA. The best in UFC fight the other best UFC fighter according to who the UFC deems the best. No independent rankings. All in-house
        What you just typed describes boxing much more accurately than it does UFC. The best fight the best on a much more regular basis than boxing does, relative to their own sport. It's not like these guys were just handed their world titles on a platter. They won them.

One guy Conor knocked out was 25-1 and undefeated for ten years. Beat everyone they put in front of him for that long, and then got KO'ed in 13 seconds by McGregor. The other champion was 28-4, had huge accolades in other orgs, had never been knocked out, and was just coming off a 1st round KO of the former champ. He got taken out in two rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          Are we on a UFC forum or a boxing forum?

are you aware these are totally different sports?
          The point is still the same, different sports or not. If Conor can do it in his combat sport without it noticeably affecting his performance, the argument that boxers can't is absurd.

Comment

Props for taking the fight and giving young Spence a chance to make a name for himself since most fighters won't take the risk because the reward is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
              What you just typed describes boxing much more accurately than it does UFC. The best fight the best on a much more regular basis than boxing does, relative to their own sport. It's not like these guys were just handed their world titles on a platter. They won them.

One guy Conor knocked out was 25-1 and undefeated for ten years. Beat everyone they put in front of him for that long, and then got KO'ed in 13 seconds by McGregor. The other champion was 28-4, had huge accolades in other orgs, had never been knocked out, and was just coming off a 1st round KO of the former champ. He got taken out in two rounds.
              No what I typed described MMA because that's exactly what it is. If Arum told you Vargas vs. Pacquiao was the best fighting the best for the Top Rank belt you'd laugh and call him a liar. But for some reason Dana White has gotten away with telling people who the best MMA fighters are (only the ones that fight for UFC) and ranking his own fighters fighting for his promotional company belt, and nobody calls foul. You've seen fighters from other promo companies come into the UFC and win titles. But while they were fighting for other promo companies Dana White was saying his fighters are the best. The amount of BS people buy from this guy is amazing.

Shortly after announcing his intention to introduce a bill that would expand the powers of the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act to the sport of MMA, Oklahoma congressman Markwayne Mullin found himself sitting in his office having a conversation with a UFC executive who insisted that there was no such thing as a UFC championship.

“He actually said that to me,” Mullin told MMAjunkie. “He said, ‘We don’t have them fight for a championship belt. We bestow an award on an individual for the best fighter that night.’ I said, ‘See, this is exactly why we need this.’”
              Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 12-05-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

they keep that good yay in spain, look for kell to get into some fukery that delays the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  No what I typed described MMA because that's exactly what it is. If Arum told you Vargas vs. Pacquiao was the best fighting the best for the Top Rank belt you'd laugh and call him a liar. But for some reason Dana White has gotten away with telling people who the best MMA fighters are (only the ones that fight for UFC) and ranking his own fighters fighting for his promotional company belt, and nobody calls foul. You've seen fighters from other promo companies come into the UFC and win titles. But while they were fighting for other promo companies Dana White was saying his fighters are the best. The amount of BS people buy from this guy is amazing.

Shortly after announcing his intention to introduce a bill that would expand the powers of the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act to the sport of MMA, Oklahoma congressman Markwayne Mullin found himself sitting in his office having a conversation with a UFC executive who insisted that there was no such thing as a UFC championship.

“He actually said that to me,” Mullin told MMAjunkie. “He said, ‘We don’t have them fight for a championship belt. We bestow an award on an individual for the best fighter that night.’ I said, ‘See, this is exactly why we need this.’”
                  You only assume I just take everything Dana White says as gossip when I don't. I know how to examine a fighter's record and the display of their skills plenty enough on my own. I even brought up Alvarez's accomplishments from other orgs in my last post for a reason.

And lol @ being disgusted that White, a guy who runs the biggest and most popular MMA organization in the world, would think to promote his fighters as the greatest in the world. That totally isn't something every other promoter in his position would do, is it? It isn't even like he's probably wrong in the general sense. It's fair to assume that the majority of the best fighters would eventually want to flock to UFC. I mean, there's even rules that if you lose three fights in a row, you're cut from the organization unless you've already accomplished enough big to be an exception.

One executive's opinion or way or seeing things, or the fact that I should even take someone completely at their word that said executive even said what he did in the first place, doesn't really prove anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                    that should be the plan, but if he's holding a solo press conference I think he's headlining his own card in sheffield
                    Nice. Should be able to make that one live.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                      And lol @ being disgusted that White, a guy who runs the biggest and most popular MMA organization in the world, would think to promote his fighters as the greatest in the world. That totally isn't something every other promoter in his position would do, is it?
                      He's supposed to promote his fighters as the best in the world. I'm talking about sheep like yourself that believe him and even call his participation belts, world titles

Comment

Working...
                      X