Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Calls Ward 'Son of Judges,' Mocks Surprised Look In Tweet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahahahahahahahahahahaa lil son of judge ain't got shiet

From now henceforth Andre Ward will forever be known as son of judge.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
      The parody competition begins. Pretty good one.

Bill Murray, Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller could be the judges in the movie.
      Lol you peeped that but honestly I respect Ward's toughness and heart more than I ever did before and it was thanks to a great opponent in Sergey Kovalev that did that!

Can't wait for rematch and think it'll be another close fight in which I lean towards Kovalev because of the jab, superior boxer on the outside, the equalizer, knowing now he should've thrown bodyshots early, seemed like the stronger man in the clinch, and knows he MUST get a stoppage to win instead of just boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
        I had Ward winning the fight, but to give him round 2 is very very very hard to justify. Showing heart does not win you the round. That round should be Kov's on everyone's scorecards..
        It won him a bunch of other rounds, why not the second ? Same with Brook in round 1 vs GGG. All the same rationale as used to give Ward rounds was used to give Brook that round too (as 2 of the judges did indeed do).

eg. 'Kovalev throws 3 punches but only lands 1' Focus isn't on the punch he landed, its on the two that Ward avoided. So Ward won that exchange.

All the polls are consistent in around the 65%-70% believing Kovalev won. Unless you go to Russia, then its closer to 100%.

But, just likely Bradley beating Pac first time; Si Hun Park taking the gold medal off Roy Jones, Whitaker draw with Chavez, Antuofermo draw with Hagler, the result stands, and we must accept who the judges tell us win or didn't win.

Comment

It's wasn't a robbery like in Pac-Bradley fashion but I struggle to find 5 rds to give Andre. Giving him 6 is extremely pushing it and that's still a loss. Giving him better than a draw simply didn't happen imo.

That said, Andre is a great guy and that's one nickname I will not disrespect.

Comment

fight was hard to score though i did think Ward won by a round. I can also see Kovalev winning 8-4. But enough crying man. Lets rebound and get a rematch or fight some other guys. Crying wont remove that 1 loss from the resume.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasy5021 View Post
              fight was hard to score though i did think Ward won by a round. I can also see Kovalev winning 8-4. But enough crying man. Lets rebound and get a rematch or fight some other guys. Crying wont remove that 1 loss from the resume.
              The thing is that you should have to take a belt from a champion and that didn't happen. Ward fought hard and established himself well late in the fight but being generous and agreeing with the judges scores, how could Andre have won the 9th rd? Go back and watch it. That was atrocious to give that one to Ward.

Comment

It won him a bunch of other rounds, why not the second ? Same with Brook in round 1 vs GGG. All the same rationale as used to give Ward rounds was used to give Brook that round too (as 2 of the judges did indeed do).

eg. 'Kovalev throws 3 punches but only lands 1' Focus isn't on the punch he landed, its on the two that Ward avoided. So Ward won that exchange.

All the polls are consistent in around the 65%-70% believing Kovalev won. Unless you go to Russia, then its closer to 100%.

But, just likely Bradley beating Pac first time; Si Hun Park taking the gold medal off Roy Jones, Whitaker draw with Chavez, Antuofermo draw with Hagler, the result stands, and we must accept who the judges tell us win or didn't win.
                What won him other rounds is landing cleaner punches and body work. A punch that grazes the forehead is not the same as a jab square in the nose. Obviously with the knockdown in round 2, Kov landed a good, clean punch on Ward among others, winning him that round (I know now that you're being sarcastic). But that is just one round and you have to win 5 more to win the fight (assuming you don't get knocked down yourself). I personally don't just count punches to determine who wins the round. If that's the case, there wouldn't be a need for judges. It's a combination of things and people prioritize those things differently.

Also, most people agree that it was a very close fight. The rounds that Kov won were clear Kov wins. The rounds that Ward won were by smaller margins. The other fights you mentioned were not considered close fights, which is why they are considered robberies. Ward-Kov was not a robbery. Hopefully, a rematch will happen soon, so this can get settled.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  The thing is that you should have to take a belt from a champion and that didn't happen. Ward fought hard and established himself well late in the fight but being generous and agreeing with the judges scores, how could Andre have won the 9th rd? Go back and watch it. That was atrocious to give that one to Ward.
                  I don't need to re-watch it. like i said the fight could have gone either way. If the judges would of gave Kovalev the fight I wouldn't have had a problem with it either. I would have had a problem if they gave it to Kovalev by 1 round. In a rematch I think Kovalev goes in for the kill in every round.

Comment

BS. It's same over here

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      He did take the belt from the champion, he beat him. You sound like that ***** Malignaggi when he lost his belt. What does that mean, "he has to take the belt from a champion"? It makes no sensr

Comment

Working...
                      X