Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not hating, but how much time Loma got left in pro boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    If true, that would be a scary, scary thought, homie. I mean considering how he made Gary Russell Jr. and Nicholas Walters look. Yikes.
    That's what I'm saying, people don't even realize that Lomachenko is past his prime when they praise him, he's already ATG in amateurs but imagine what would happen if he turned pro right after Beijing Olympics in 2008?

Comment

U guys never played sport or something?

'Past his prime' what bull****!!

30 is not old for a pro boxer ffs! It may be old for a gymnast or whatever, but not boxing!

Floyd was still dominating opponents are 38! I know floyd is one of a kind, but people like loma are also rare.

When did Bernard Hopkins win his first title? 36 i think...And he has the record for the most defenses!

Loma is still in his prime now and will be until AT LEAST 34 years old.
      Sit back and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
        wow, such a hater... I can feel the hate for Lomachenko spewing out of you

Nothing to see here folks just another hating thread of lomachenko son of Orlando Salido
        Add Mikey Garcia to that list.

Comment

this doesnt make sense at all really, past his prime yet he looks way better now then he did when he fought salido? I dont really think theres any evidence for what you are saying to be honest. Are you the alt account of the guy on the other thread today who was saying a fighters prime is at 23?

Comment

If he is your typical average boxer he will start to decline physically after he turns 30. It's a slow decline and can be slowed even more by proper diet and training. It's a shame guys like him and GGG didn't turn pro many years before they did. Still most boxers are turning pro at a late age this days. You seldom see champions of 20 to 22 years old like Mayweather, De La Hoya, Tyson, and Vargas anymore. They call a 25 year old champion a kid now. Most of Loma's competition is just as old as he is. If he stays at 130 pounds I think he can be the best 130 pound boxer in the world for at least 4 or 5 years. If he goes up to 140 he won't last as long because he will be fighting top boxers much bigger than himself.

Comment

7 years 10 months and 5 days, minus any injury, Brutal wars and unforseen retirements

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                U guys never played sport or something?

'Past his prime' what bull****!!

30 is not old for a pro boxer ffs! It may be old for a gymnast or whatever, but not boxing!

Floyd was still dominating opponents are 38! I know floyd is one of a kind, but people like loma are also rare.

When did Bernard Hopkins win his first title? 36 i think...And he has the record for the most defenses!

Loma is still in his prime now and will be until AT LEAST 34 years old.
                Sit back and enjoy.
                Floyd hasnt dominated ****. Smokes and mirror.

sucker punching ortiz and fighting past past prime guys isnt dominating rather cherry picking. just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                  Floyd hasnt dominated ****. Smokes and mirror.

sucker punching ortiz and fighting past past prime guys isnt dominating rather cherry picking. just saying.
                  I think Floyd is an arrogant loud mouth pr!ck who did cherry pick, BUT it's obvious he was still the best when he retired at 37.
                  Just like its obvious manny is still one of the best ww's at 38, and he beat Manny.

If this thread is correct Manny (past prime) just beat a title holder (in his prime) very easily.
                  Prime is important to edge a close decision, but when there is a talent gap like vargas & manny, it proved less relavent. Similar to how there is a talent gap between loma and almost everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X