Can Lomochenko beat Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Lomochenko beat Mikey Garcia?

Can Lomochenko beat Mikey Garcia?

At 135 it would be 50/50. But im leaning lomachenko.

Comment

this is a great fight. wonder if mikey could make 135 comfortably. gotta go with mikey.

Comment

I think so. Mikey is one of my favourites atm and one of the more underrated fighters in the sport, he's straight back into the P4P top 10 after he beats Zlaticanin.

With that said, I think Mikey is a bit too textbook to beat Lomachenko, everything is orthodox with him. That's usually a good thing, probably against 95% of opponents, but Lomachenko is a bit too multi-dimensional to lose against such a conventional fighter imo.

I don't think Lomachenko can be outboxed, the only way to beat him is with a very high workrate, even that's gonna be hard now because I'm sure he's learned from the Salido loss.

Comment

mikey kills lomachenko, for some reason I dont think mikey likes him.

Comment

Lomachenko can win because he is for sure the better boxer. So if Garcia goes in there and tries to box (which he likes to do) with Lomachenko he would lose.

Garcia has to be real aggressive and bully Lomachenko while also using his boxing ability to make things happen.

I would certainly give Lomachenko the edge

Comment

You never know until both men are in the ring, but from the eye ball test, I'd say rather easily.

Comment

Not sure. I think it's a very competitive fight. Garcia can bang and there's no doubt he can drop Loma if he catches him good. Can he be busy enough to win rounds? Hard to say. One thing is for certain, Loma hasn't fought anyone with that level of skill so it will be interesting.

Comment

let's see how he looks against Zlat then we can start fantasy match making

Comment

A fight you can't call until you see it. We don't know for sure how he'd be able to handle a pinpoint shot to the chin from a hard hitter, because so far, no one's been able to land on him like that.

SolidO did a good job, but he doesn't have the same pop and velocity that Mikey does. SolidO is more of a slow burn, whereas Mikey can suddenly just end your night, or catch you, and proceed to dominate you.

50/50, because I don't know how Loma can handle a boxer of his caliber with his power as well. I think for sure Gamboa can finish Loma, because Loma just doesn't have that next level power to gain respect of the top guys, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X