Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Andre Ward, Handlers Don't Want The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    I'm not going searching for the articles, but Ward has said more than once that a rematch is unnecessary... that somehow he has Kovalev figured out fully, and that it would be a wide points win for him if he fights Kovalev again. That and some other related things he's said are indicators he doesn't want a rematch.
    I will simply disregard that as normal trash talk until I see something tangible showing that he doesn't want the rematch. People said that he wouldn't fight Kov the first time and had all kinds of reasons why. This seems like the same song and dance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
      I will simply disregard that as normal trash talk until I see something tangible showing that he doesn't want the rematch. People said that he wouldn't fight Kov the first time and had all kinds of reasons why. This seems like the same song and dance...

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid X View Post
        I would have never guessed that Kovalev would have been the more skilled fighter, but there were numerous times in the first have of the fight that he was actually outthinking and outstanding Ward.

Even though I had Kovalev winning by a 2-3 points, the only reason this could have been considered a closer fight was due to his activity dropping in the second half.

so not only is Kovalev surprisingly the more skilled fighter, he also has the type of power to stop Ward.

So not only do I see Kovalev making the better adjustments in the second fight, if he can get his stamina up, I really don't see the rematch being close at all (more likely a stoppage).

I think Andre knows this and I see him dodging the **** out of Kovalev with all types of diva tactics.
        Somebody get this scab some glasses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
          Fair enough, I am just tired of people playing the race card on everything!!
          I'm tired of it, too. I got hooked on boxing as a 5 yr old after watching Marvin Hagler beating the shti out of Alan Minter in 1980. All I saw was this mean machine from a place called America smashing the local champ to bits. It was only years later that I learned that Hagler was a black man, if you know what I mean.

Comment

• Lol both sides of this argument are absolutely comical. No one knows who has the advantage in the rematch. Both fighters are incredible and have layers to their styles. Both will make adjustments and we'll see who made the better adjustments in the rematch

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              ummm, you said this..... Not only have I never heard Ward make that comment, I recall him saying the exact opposite "more than once"..... so, I asked for a link? because YOU said this earlier..... I should have a link about now, right ?
              So IOW, you NEVER read this site? You've never read Ward saying a rematch is unnecessary, and not worth having. He said he'd do the rematch, then later said that. Really, I don't care that you feel so desperate you have to take a half hour outta your day to quote me several posts back. That's on you, not me. We'll see soon enough. My guess is the excuses and delays will come, just a matter of time. And if not, no loss. We end up getting another great fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                Not my fault you must not be reading this site's posts. Try to keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
                  Real talk, 160k PPV buys? Yea there's NO way roc nation will spend another 5 mil on Ward and only make 2 million in PPV buys and the arena was halfway sold out. No idea what's gonna happen but all I know is Ward is in a tough spot where he has to vindicate himself, or live on the sucka look forever and never be any greater than he was and retires. This was his platform to become great, & he couldn't hurt Kovalev. He admitted himself that he can't make 168 so if this ain't your weight class, what is?!
                  It means both guys have to take a pay cut to make it viable , the numbers are real the fighters cant be asking for crazy money when the real numbers dont support it .
                  Either guy is not making more money fighting anyone else they just have to come together with realistic demands , neither guys are stupid I think they will see it for what it is money wise and the rematch will happen .
                  The thing is Ward being the winner will squeeze Kov on the money it will be a case of whether Kov will take the low ball money to make the fight , I think he will .

Comment

• Ward had the nuts to move up and fight this dude and people need to give Ward respect regardless of who won the fight or how boring his style mite be

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      "He'll never move up to light heavyweight because of Kovalev."

"Fine, he moved up, but he'll never fight Kovalev."

"I bet he has no intention of honoring that deal to fight Kovalev after his tuneups."

"I bet he'll find a way out of the fight before November."

Now it's "I bet he won't fight the rematch."

Yeah, I know this game, and it gets more annoying each time. No one can ever just admit they were wrong.
                      Ward lost the fight and every unbiased fan knows it... you wanna admit it?

Comment

Working...
                      X