Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Parker vs. Andy Ruiz predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let Andy Ruiz's physique put you off, he can fight. Good odds on Ruiz. I hope he's giving himself time to acclimatize
    Last edited by Ryan8777; 12-01-2016, 04:51 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan8777 View Post
      Don't let Andy Ruiz's physique put you off, he can fight. Good odds on Ruiz. I hope he's giving himself time to acclimatize
      agreed, although i haven't seen alot of him i think hes underrated by many just because he looks like a fat mess.
      yeah he should get there at least 2 weeks + before, i didn't s hit for over a week when i arrived in New Zealand

Comment

Ruiz is the talent of the division! He knows techniques that no other heavy knows and can perform them too.
        His problem is well documented and he can't seem to get a handle on his weight. Now that said he can't come in tight and trim because he'd give away to much weight and he's not a swarmer
        who works out of a crouch. However if he worked his conditioning to get to 220-225lbs. his movement and stamina would be much better.
        This kid rolls under punches and counters in combination something you don't see very often in this division. The "oversized" guys can't do it because they don't know it and are to tall to get underneath anyway. This kid has the tools to beat the 6'6"+ guys but his conditioning needs to be at a high level which means he needs to drop weight and keep it off in between fights.
        He needs to let his body acclimate to holding less body fat.
        This kid reacts well and his boxing IQ is very high, someone taught him skills when he was very young and he knows the game.

Good fight for both young men.
        Ray

Comment

I'm not high on Parker, I think he's very defensively poor and a ko waiting to happen.

That being said I'm even less impressed by Ruiz.

I see this one starting out cagey, ruiz may steal a couple of early rounds as he has quick hands and Parkers head is a static target.

However ruiz doesn't have power, so he wont badly hurt parker, and I don't think his stamina is great, I also don't think he's got the determination to push hard for 12 rounds.

Parker will start to take over after the first couple of rounds, and I see a corner stoppage in the late rounds when ruiz starts taking a beating.

Any boxer who comes in FAT lacks the desire to work hard in the gym and is cruising on natural ability. This to me = not loving the sport but loving the cheques

Comment

Last picture I've seen of Ruiz he was looking thin in the face so I think he has the weight in control

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              parker via decision..

Ruiz is a short, fat, hippo with his only attribute being he has some fast hands...
              ....and he's got heavy hands and a good chin. Style wise it should be a good fight for Ruiz cause Parker will come to him and trade. Parker doesn't have the best defence and Ruiz will get his opportunities to land his big shots.

It's going to be an action packed fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                ....and he's got heavy hands and a good chin. Style wise it should be a good fight for Ruiz cause Parker will come to him and trade. Parker doesn't have the best defence and Ruiz will get his opportunities to land his big shots.

It's going to be an action packed fight.
                Honestly I doubt it... Ruiz will never get inside because he has very bland footwork..

This fight will be boring,,, Parker staying on the outside, ruiz getting owned...

If this fight is closer than 117-111 I will be surprised..

Have you ever seen ruiz fight???

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Honestly I doubt it... Ruiz will never get inside because he has very bland footwork..

This fight will be boring,,, Parker staying on the outside, ruiz getting owned...

If this fight is closer than 117-111 I will be surprised..

Have you ever seen ruiz fight???
                  Yes I've seen Ruiz fight and yes I believe he'll get inside. Not saying Ruiz will win, Parker is the favorite but this is not going to be a boring fight. They will both find the target and land heavy shots. This is going to be a fun fight.
                  Last edited by VatoMulatto; 12-02-2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Ruiz is in great shape heading into this one. In fact I think he may have lost too much weight and only arriving in NZ just over a week out from the fight is a mistake IMHO. Parker should win b ut if he has a bad night like he had against Takam this could get a lot closer.

Comment

Joseph Parker will win,,

Comment

Working...
                      X