Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye Rips Apart Hearn: I'll Beat Joshua - End Your Company!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Well what would you say is the bigger threat for Haye lol mid/late 40's Shannon Briggs who has fought nobody good in god knows how long maybe 5-10years?
    Or Bellew similar stature little bit smaller but he can bang and he is a bit durable.

I just don't get the feeling Haye would be scared or care to duck Briggs it's just a pretty pointless fight to have it makes nothing except a good bit of banter from the build up to it lol.
    Maybe you're right but the other side is Briggs is suing Haye so why would he go through all that trouble if he was lying? Haye may have used Briggs just to get him on the undercard for his last fight and help promote that card.

Honestly i'm not sure who's lying because I can see either scenario being true.

Haye knocks either out in pretty easy fashion, Bellew vs Briggs or Chisora would be more competitive fights with an equally entertaining build up imo.

Comment

****y hearn better zip it before he gets glassed by haye as well ha....

Comment

Haye blatantly ducks old asthmatic Briggs and everyone else in sight in his chosen weight class, then leaps at chance to fight a blown up 175lber.
        Bellew if he grows well into the weight and employs a modern conditioner has the chance to knock out Haye, hes a decent boxer with some pop at 200lbs

Comment

I've seen a briggs interview saying his basically broke so I can believe that he wanted to fight only on ppv. And I personally think nobody actually does want to fight haye. His too big of a risk for little reward. He has to become mandatory to get a title fight. Wouldn't suprise me if hearn making the bellew fight was to get haye to drop in the rankings and delay the joshua fight as much as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Trs45 View Post
            I've seen a briggs interview saying his basically broke so I can believe that he wanted to fight only on ppv. And I personally think nobody actually does want to fight haye. His too big of a risk for little reward. He has to become mandatory to get a title fight.
            He already is mandatory for the WBO.

He's dropping that shot to take this.

He's massive reward for anyone because he's a big name. Plenty of heavyweights have called him out because he is a big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Trs45 View Post
              I've seen a briggs interview saying his basically broke so I can believe that he wanted to fight only on ppv. And I personally think nobody actually does want to fight haye. His too big of a risk for little reward. He has to become mandatory to get a title fight. Wouldn't suprise me if hearn making the bellew fight was to get haye to drop in the rankings and delay the joshua fight as much as he can.
              I hope this is true,even so Haye said he wanted to be busy,fight every 4/6 weeks before his comeback.....between Gerjagg (?) And Bellew thats a space of 10months,if he couldnt get the big names then why not some guys like Ustinov etc

Comment

Originally posted by muzzo View Post
                I hope this is true,even so Haye said he wanted to be busy,fight every 4/6 weeks before his comeback.....between Gerjagg (?) And Bellew thats a space of 10months,if he couldnt get the big names then why not some guys like Ustinov etc
                We all know Haye has no intention of fighting anyone even half decent unless there's huge money on the line. Anyone with even a small chance of taking away his big paydays.

He fought those 2 jokes for quick money and just to get back in the ring. After that, he has been waiting around hoping to hit the jackpot. He essentially has already. This fight will be big, regardless of if it's ridiculous. Haye is happy with this. He said he's coming back to win world titles, yet this fight does nothing towards that but he doesn't mind because it's big money.

Essentially he's back to try and land a jackpot fight against someone like Joshua because he needs the dough. He's already hit a mini-jackpot with Bellew calling him out and wanting to fight.

He'll probably get Joshua in the summer of 2017 as well and then he'll be out of the game win or lose.
                Last edited by deathofaclown; 11-30-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Hearn sure does wind up some opposition fighters. I'm not surprised though as Hearn can be incredibly smug and arrogant. I wish that Haye left hook had clipped Hearn.

Comment

Haye is all talk. Nothing more.

Comment

at least haye knows how to sell and create a demand to get people to watch him fight. he's not trying to be everyones friend, he's trying to make money, get big numbers, and is doing it by making people mad. people will want to see him fight not to win but to lose, and at the end of the day, it puts butts in the seats and buys on ppv's...

I most certainly don't like "The Toe" haye but i will watch to see him get punched in the mouth, same with millions of others.

at least creating the demand to see the outcome of what he's saying and doing, he's doing it right... unlike 98% of the other boxers out there.

I miss 90's boxing, when guys called each other out, stepped into the ring after another fighter won to call them out, weren't afraid to drop names on the hit list... nowadays, fighters are lame with the same speak time and time again after fights.

haye knows how to get that money up. other fighters need to take notes.

Comment

Working...
                      X