No announcement yet.

People keep talking about Loma vs Salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    What was he supposed to do? to not fight and lose the purse? make a legal demand to see if he can see some money years after that? he was outweighed by 11 pounds, that can't be called a fair fight.
    ... have you never seen fighters pull out of bouts over fight weights? Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      ... have you never seen fighters pull out of bouts over fight weights? Are you serious?
      Give me examples. High profile fighters. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but let's see.

Comment

Did people actually watch that fight?? Loma clearly beat him 9 rounds to 3 , most of solidos landed shots were low blows as well.

Comment

Give me examples. High profile fighters. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but let's see.
          Haskins-Caballero not too long ago, Frankie Gomez saw his HBO debut scrapped over missing the weight, and there've been plenty of undercard fights that have gone by the wayside over an opponent showing up on short notice and not being able to make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
            I want to see this fight. I don't see anything wrong about people wanting to talk about it.
            Loma definitely got screwed against Salido in so many ways.
            But people don't really like Loma, even though there is a perception that everyone loves him for some reason, so people are going to take whatever they can.
            I don't see why there is a problem for people talking about a rematch though.
            That fight needs to happen. Even if Loma has to sacrifice purse. They need to make it happen.
            Klimas is a little bit stubborn, but he's only hurting Loma if he doesn't give Salido what he wants. As long as Salido is not asking for millions either.
            dude just shut up......people are pretending to like lomo? hahaha so are you actually offended by people pouring out their love for the guy as oppose to hate? face it, people like loma. even the so called "demographic" that u like to stereotype. loma is a SPECIAL talent & truly is a matrix fighter. i am overjoyed that we have new guys like himself that is willing to take on tough fighters. this is what boxing needs. the problem with guys like yourself is that u are so caught up in race that u need idiots throwing hate at loma just so u can have something to b*tch about and defend. get over it........

Comment

11 pounds only counts when talking **** about Triple G facing Brook

Comment

Loma doesn't need fanboys trying to wipe his ass for him. When you fight Salido you know he's going to low-blow, headbutt, etc, etc. You sign up for that when you sign the contract. You also sign regarding weight stipulations, and what happens when a guy is over weight. Loma knew exactly what he was getting into when he put the pen to paper. Had he won, should we also disregard the fight because Salido was over weight and fouled?

The guy lost to a vet in his 2nd pro fight and you can't erase that. He's already tuned up his game massively since then so there's no need to apologize for him. He's a man and knows how to handle his shyt.

Comment

They should make it happen in January. Loma is still fresh and that would give Salido 8 weeks to prepare. This time, Loma will destroy Salido easily. He's been a pro long enough now to realize how he has to close out fights and his skillset seems to get better in every fight.

They can hype up the revenge angle or whatever to sell the fight.

Comment

Loma moved on to bigger and better and we all should as well.

Comment

What was he supposed to do? to not fight and lose the purse? make a legal demand to see if he can see some money years after that? he was outweighed by 11 pounds, that can't be called a fair fight.
                      canelo outweighed floyd by 15 lbs on fight night..was that not a fair fight? elite fighters don't lose to orlando salido, under any circumstances. he got beat by salido man...salido. loma is a great talent, deserves all the praise and whatnot. but he lost to salido.

Comment

Working...
                      X