Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor drew twice (nearly triple)as many buys in 1 year than entire boxing s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    Lomachenko... very early in his pro career. Sure he had a huge amatuer background.. but lesnar had a huge background in college and NCAA wrestling..

Levels. MMA currently does better than boxing to the wider sphere, and Conor ****s over any current boxer for notoriety on BOTH sides of the pond. (Im a brit)
    Difference is Lomachenko was an amateur BOXER who won two olympic gold medals. Basically a legendary AM boxer.

Lesnar on the other hand was an amateur WRESTLER (not MMA fighter) in college then went on to WWE for like 8 years before even taking up MMA. He probably only had like a couple of years of MMA training before he won their highest accolade which is the UFC heavyweight champion of the world..

Last time I checked MMA and Collegiate Wrestling is not the same sport

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Ufc is striving,,, but it has no bearing on boxing..

All it does is highlight how horribly ran boxing is..

Boxing is its own worse enemy, and has driven away the fans all on its own..
      I thought PBC had a chance at revolutionizing boxing, but really it's just more of the same

the most common complaint I hear from general sports fans re: boxing is the continual crap being served up, especially in PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post

the most common complaint I hear from general sports fans re: boxing is the continual crap being served up, especially in PPV.
        Yeah.. the casuals love big hyped fights but boxing hardly ever delivers
        The 70s n 80s big fights usually always delivered but from the 90s to today have been disappointing

Tyson biting off ear
        Lennox-evander 1 decision
        Tito-Oscar
        Lennox-Tyson
        Oscar-Hopkins
        Oscar-Floyd
        Floyd-canelo
        Floyd-manny

Millions n millions of casual fans were disappointed and slowly eroded away popularity

Comment

• Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
          Difference is Lomachenko was an amateur BOXER who won two olympic gold medals. Basically a legendary AM boxer.

Lesnar on the other hand was an amateur WRESTLER (not MMA fighter) in college then went on to WWE for like 8 years before even taking up MMA. He probably only had like a couple of years of MMA training before he won their highest accolade which is the UFC heavyweight champion of the world..

Last time I checked MMA and Collegiate Wrestling is not the same sport
          Lmao...
          Put loma in UFC and he gets destroyed

Comment

• UFC is a BETTER PRODUCT right now...PERIOD!

I have no problem paying for UFC 205 because the Card was Stacked but Boxing PPV's will now get streamed, not paying for any of it anymore!

Comment

• Conor McGregor played more touch butt in one year than all of boxing combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                mcgregor is a swagger jacker who is NOT an all time great martial artist or fighter...he is a very good fighter with charisma...nothing more or less

all my beer chugging bar crawlers know who he is but the average person, kids....Conor who?

They are trying to make him the biggest star....i doubt he does better numbers than Canelo, Cotto and Manny every year with the same amount of fights. Plus their purses are larger
                I think more people know who Mcgregor is than any one in boxing today other than Manny. And I don't think it's even close.

Comment

• And that doesn't even include the 1 mil buys each from UFC 200 n Rhonda return..

****ing bisping vs Henderson 2 got over 500k buys...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Yeah.. the casuals love big hyped fights but boxing hardly ever delivers
                    The 70s n 80s big fights usually always delivered but from the 90s to today have been disappointing

Tyson biting off ear
                    Lennox-evander 1 decision
                    Tito-Oscar
                    Lennox-Tyson
                    Oscar-Hopkins
                    Oscar-Floyd
                    Floyd-canelo
                    Floyd-manny

Millions n millions of casual fans were disappointed and slowly eroded away popularity
                    Don't forget about Seldon/Tyson! I was only 10 years old at the time but I recall how hyped it was (my dad bought it on PPV and had a big fight party) and how pissed off everyone was because it ended with KO1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                      Take away McGregor then look at the numbers...

I don't even follow MMA and I watch all of his fights and press conferences.

Also didnt he fight like 3-4 times this year? All good fights against top fighters in different divisions. I am not shocked that he has sold more PPVs than boxing this year
                      Take away Conor and it still destroys boxing
                      UFC 200 without Conor or Rhonda outsold all of boxing by itself

Rhonda's return will to

Bisping-Henderson 2 outsold ggg-lemuiex, Crawford-postal, kovolev-ward combined

Comment

Working...
                      X